Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Denied entry last year, trying to return 2010/10/3 23:52
My situation is a little hard to explain because it's very complicated. Basically, I visited Japan 2 times last year as a tourist and the second time I was waiting for my COE for my student visa. The school said I could leave and come back normally, but when I tried to come back I was told I stayed in Japan as a tourist too much, around 180 cumulative days, and I'd have to wait until I had a proper visa if I wanted to come back to Japan that year. Obviously, this was not entirely my fault. I did end up coming back and going to school there for some time, but I came back to the US later in the year. I then visited Japan as a tourist this summer for almost ninety days. I was stopped and questioned, both on entry and departure from Japan, but I was let in. Now I'm trying to go back again, but this time I'm actually getting married in Japan. My fiance is Japanese. I'm not sure if I should wait a little longer and just attempt to enter as a tourist or not. Do I tell them I'm getting married in that case? Should I try to get an actual visitor's visa from the consulate? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
by Me (guest)  

Doddle. 2010/10/4 21:38
This one's a doddle. Speak to your Japanese Embassy, explain the situation, ask their advice.
by Troo (guest) rate this post as useful

fiance writes to embassy first. 2010/10/5 08:16
You have to visit the japanese embassy or consular office near you.
You have to tell your girlfriend to write to that office the situation; so you can apply for a visa.

Japanese authorities will not give you a visa for marry unless your japanese fiance contact them first.
If you go without doing that, you will probably be denied to enter the country.

I work at the japanese embassy in Honduras, so I have heard a lot of people coming here to do that.
Any other advise just ask
by Lord Magus rate this post as useful

. 2010/10/5 10:51
Let me get this strait:

1. You were denied entry at one time.
2. You returned later and they allowed you to enter.

I would wait it out a bit longer.

The Embassy/Consulate really can't help you much. Really there isn't much they can do but tell you what the laws say.

by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread