Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Just a few last minute questions... 2010/10/4 08:22
Have spent the last year researching and planning for our 16 night trip to Japan, we leave in a few weeks and I just have a couple of quick questions...

I see a lot of people planning all their days right down to the last minute, I've never really travelled like that. I've planned our travel days but for all the rest I assume it's just the same in Japan as it is in other places, as long as we have an idea of what we want to do, how to get there and when it's open, we'll be ok just going with the flow, rather than following strict pre-planned timetable?

We'll be in Tokyo on 31st October, I realise Japan doesn't really celebrate Halloween but is there anywhere where costumed people will congregate on the night? Shibuya maybe? I know Disneyland & DisneySea have Halloween events, but we're going later in the week when it's not so busy!

My boyfriend loved being able to go to public batting cages when we were in the States (something we just don't have in NZ), can someone suggest some batting cages in Shinjuku (if there are any) that we'll be able to use without speaking Japanese? Or will we have to go somewhere like Tokyo Dome for tourist friendly batting cages?

I often have hot water with lemon juice in the mornings, will I be able to buy a few lemons easily enough from depachika or convenience stores around Japan?

I think that's all for now, no doubt there'll be more before we leave!
Thanks!
by bfire  

Re: 2010/10/4 15:29
is there anywhere where costumed people will congregate on the night?

KAWASAKI Halloween 2010
http://www.lacittadella.co.jp/halloween/english.html

can someone suggest some batting cages in Shinjuku (if there are any) that we'll be able to use without speaking Japanese?

http://xrl.us/bh3nir
(Link to maps.google.com)

Blue balloon:Oslo Batting center
Red balloon:Shinjuku Batting center
by xexstyle rate this post as useful

... 2010/10/4 20:16
- Since end of October - November is a good travel season, while you don't have to plan down to the last minute/hour, it's better to have general plans AND hotels booked in advance :)

- For buying lemons, try supermarkets rather than convenience stores (some convenience stores don't carry fresh fruit/vegetables). Depachika would have them though they would be more expensive than what you'd find in regular supermarkets.
by AK rate this post as useful

Itineraries 2010/10/4 21:21
I don't really bother with planning itineraries either. What I do, though, is print off maps for everything I would like to see, and include opening / closing times, so that I can decide once I'm there what to do.

It's especially worthwhile with Japan, as some places are closed on certain days of the year, or one day a week, or close earlier in the winter than in summer.
by Troo (guest) rate this post as useful

Perfect! 2010/10/5 05:50
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

Thanks for the links xexstyle, not sure if we'll go to Kawasaski for the parade, but we'll keep in it mind. The batting cages map is wonderful thank you, an easy walk from our hotel!

I have booked all the accommodation and being a graphic designer I can't go anywhere without making an in-depth personal 'guidebook' with all the possible attractions and their details!
by bfire rate this post as useful

reply to this thread