Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku Gyoen vs East Garden 2010/10/6 10:33
East Garden of the Imperial Palace, that is.

We want to wander around a Japanese garden. With the bridges, statues, cement lantern things, etc.

We planned on being around the Imperial Palace/Marunouchi on a Monday, but notice the East Garden in closed. Is it a can't miss, or will I be impressed enough with Shinjuku Gyoen's?

I've also read that you can see the Denpoin Temple garden in Asakusa, but need permission. Is this as simple as asking nicely?
by HubZilla  

gardens 2010/10/6 16:15
I recommend the Hamarikyu Teien garden if you want to see a proper Japanese-style garden. I wouldn't call the East Garden of the Imperial Palace a must-see at all really, and the Japanese garden, while nice is only a very small part of Shinjuku-Gyouen.

by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Relief..... 2010/10/6 16:47
I wouldn't call the East Garden of the Imperial Palace a must-see at all really,

Wow, have you just solved one heck of a logistical problem for us!!! Many, MANY thanks, Sira
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread