Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shinkansen to osaka 2010/10/6 11:31
i will be taking the shinkansen to osaka, but i was wondering which station should i board: tokyo or shinagawa stations?
which one would be more crowded or would i still find seats from the shinagawa station?
i will be coming from shinjuku station.

thank u soo much ^^
by janny (guest)  

shinkansen 2010/10/6 12:27
Either would be fine, but Tokyo Station will definitely be less crowded by virtue of being the originating station of the shinkansen to Osaka.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2010/10/6 18:07
If you are traveling from Shinjuku via the JR Yamanote line then you would pass through Shinagawa to get to Tokyo. I would suggest getting a reserved seat and changing at Shinagawa.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

shinjuku to... 2010/10/6 18:27
The travel time from Shinjuku to Tokyo Station (via JR Chuo Line) or Shinagawa (via JR Yamanote Line) are the same, so use Shinagawa if you make a seat reservation, or Tokyo if you will be travelling by unreserved car. The only difference in the two is the cost of a seat reservation (810 yen for the Nozomi or 690 yen for the Hikari).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

thank u 2010/10/6 18:48
thank u for your help!! i've decide to board at shinagawa station and get the reserved seats since i'll be travelling with my husband.

thanks again!! ^^
by janny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread