Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advisable to visit Ueno Park & Yuzawa 2010/11/2 17:23
Hi

I am planning to go visit Japan end of January 2011. I have some questions and hope someone can reply.

1. Do you think its worth to visit Ueno Park during January (winter time)?

2. I will be making a day trip to Yuzawa. I would like to experience the snow. But I do not intend to ski. Do you think it is advisable?

Thank you
by yvotay  

... 2010/11/2 22:52
Do you think its worth to visit Ueno Park during January (winter time)?

All the museums are open year around. As for the park, it depends on the person. I personally like parks at any time of the year. Barren parks in winter have something special, too.

I will be making a day trip to Yuzawa. I would like to experience the snow. But I do not intend to ski. Do you think it is advisable?

It is up to you! It is an expensive trip, but if you really want to see snow, it is one of the easiest place to go and be sure to see snow in a side trip from Tokyo. If you are lucky, it might even snow in Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/11/8 18:48
Thanks Ugi.
I get what you mean by saying its an expensive trip. I never realised that by going to Yuzawa, it cost me S$160 for one-way ticket. Wow, its is definitely not worth it if I do not intend to ski and stay overnight.

Yes I really hope to see snow in Tokyo.
I will be visiting Oshino Village. Hope they snow too!
by yvotay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread