Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Harajuku Shibuya and Shinjuku Itinerary 2010/11/4 14:07
We'd be going to Tokyo next week and have 14 days there. I am finalizing our itinerary and for the 14th of November (Sunday), below is our itinerary. Is this doable in one day? Or should we just skip Shinjuku for another day?

I'm sure Wifey would spend at leas t2 hours in Tokyu Hands and Don Quixote.

I'll post my other daily itineraries next also have questions about them..

Harajuku

160Yen AKIHABARA - JR Yamanote (outer) - HARAJUKU -29 minutes
9:00 AM Meiji Shrine
(Meiji Jingu) is a Shinto shrine dedicated to the deified spirits of Emperor Meiji and his consort, Empress Shoken.
11:30 AM Takeshita Dori (Takeshita Street) including DAISO Daiso Harajuku - 100 Yen Shop This is one of the largest 100 Yen Shops in central Tokyo,
Omotesando Oriental Bazaar Tokyo's largest souvenir shops such as kimono, tableware, dolls, furniture and samurai related goods

Shibuya
Don Quijote
Don Quijote (aka gDonkih) has the lowest prices imaginable, any time of day or night.
Tokyu Hands
Koen Dori Spain Slope Building 109
160Yen SHIBUYA - JR Yamanote - SHINJUKU

Shinjuku
Gindako Takoyaki ALTA B1 or B2 floor ,next to Mr.doughnuts
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Buildings / Observation Deck
Buy GRUTT Pass - 2000Yen Pass for Museums
Tokyo Tourist Information Center (Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office, First Building, 1F)/

160Yen SHINJUKU - JR Yamanote - AKIHABARA
by xtian001  

. 2010/11/4 17:54
I can't see any real problems with this, as Shinjuku is at the end of the day, if you run out of time then just go back another day.

The only change I would suggest is transportation to an from Akihabara:

From Akihabara to Harajuku, take the Chuo line to Yoyogi and change to Yamanote line - Depart Akihabara 08.35, takes 21 minutes.

From Shinjuku to Akihabara, again take Chuo line. 12-17 minutes, including direct service.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/7 15:23
Should be able to cover all 3 places in a day, unless you and wife have hands full from shopping at first 2 destinations.
by Fuzzybear rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/11/7 15:42
@Fuzzybear - that's what I'm afraid of. Lugging all the shopping bags and stuff around.

@RobBeer - let me look at Hyperdia again. I just don't like changing lines for an 8 minute early arrival. It might take at least 4-8 minutes just to change lines so better go the direct route.
by xtian001 rate this post as useful

lines 2010/11/7 16:40
The Yamanote line is a big loop whereas the Chuo/Sobu line cuts straight through the middle of Tokyo- geographically at least, the Chuo/Sobu line with a change at Yoyogi is the more direct route, and changing at Yoyogi is very simple- it should not take 8 minutes- 2 or 3 would be more likely, including the wait time.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

do-able in one day 2010/11/7 17:05
You should have no problem to cover these three spots in one day.
If luggage becomes to much of a problem, you can put it in coin lockers and collect it prior to returning to your hotel
Do not miss Shibuya and Shinjuku at night.
by iwander rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/11/9 15:02
I've changed the transport/train options as suggested!

Thanks!

Chuo/Sobu Stations? 2010/11/9 15:16
I am assuming here that the Chuo and Sobu lines are also inside the JR Stations?

. 2010/11/9 17:54
Yes, the Chuo/Sobu line is a JR line.
by Sarah (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread