Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Confused over Asakusa stations 2010/11/16 18:13
I'm very confused over the station names. E.g. If I want to go to Sensoji Temple, it says that it is a few steps from Asakusa Station, served by the Ginza Subway Line, Asakusa Subway Line and Tobu Railways. When I searched Hyperdia, there are 3 stations namely : Asakusa(Tobu), Asakusa(Tsukuba) and Asakusabashi. So which is the right one to go???
by Niebrown  

... 2010/11/17 10:16
Hey Niebrown,

I suppose it depends on where you are planning on going! ;) You can see a map of the area that shows the location of the different stations below.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3004.html
by Terminator2 (guest) rate this post as useful

take your pick 2010/11/17 10:18
if you will be near an asakusa line station, take that one; if you will be near the a ginza line station, take that one; if you will be near a tsukuba line station, take that one. all can take you to asakusa and near to the temple.
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/11/17 11:53
if ur taking the tokyo metro the best and closest station would be asakusa (tobu)on the ginza line..asakusa (tsukuba) is in the area but is a different train line..theres also asakusa station operated by toei which is basically a block south of asakusa (tobu)

u do not go to asakusabashi station unless u r there to transfer..it is about 3 stations south of asakusa station
by 5peedy28 (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/17 12:40
For hyperdia purposes you just enter ASAKUSA(Tobu)
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Asakusa 2010/11/24 06:38
I have just returned from Tokyo and we stayed in Asakusa, so I know about the confusing stations! The Ginza line station is the one closest to the temple - although there are several exits, some closer than others! However as with all the other subway stations there is always a map somewhere in the station which tends to help you get orientated.
by MrsO (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread