Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn Check-In Info 2010/12/9 02:59
Hi everybody,

I have a quick question about reservation in Hotel (Especially Toyoko Inn Haneda since I want to make a reservation there)

I don't really understand what "Check-In" and "Check-Out" are. (Since it's the first time I'm making a reservation).

I'll land in Haneda Airport at around 22h45.
I want to go sleep there for a night.

How do I proceed?? Do I have to email them telling them that I'll arrive later?

Is there a curfew or something I'll need to respect?

Like you see, I'm pretty lost.

Thanks for your time!
by Silchuki  

Toyoko Inn check in/check out 2010/12/9 13:15
-How do I proceed?? Do I have to email them telling them that I'll arrive later?

When you make a reservation, you will be asked when you are to arrive at the hotel.

Even in case that you are late for the checkin, you do not need to care in most case.(of course, calling the hotel is better)

The hotel staff may call you if you still want to keep the room when you can not check in until around 11pm.
I have received a call from the Toyoko Inn staff once. But at that time, I told them that I checked in at 7pm, but I could not until 11pm.

-Is there a curfew or something I'll need to respect?

As for Toyoko-Inn, I think there is no curfew, you can go out anytime.
You need to deposit your room key with the hotel staff when you leave the hotel.
When you return to the hotel, if you tell your room number to the hotel staff then they will return you room key.

But in Tokyo, most of the shops and restaurants are closed after 10pm except Shinjyuku(Vh), Shibuya(a’J), Shinbashi(V‹´) area. I am not familiar with Haneda area though, you do not go anywhere after 11pm.
by yuhkih rate this post as useful

. 2010/12/9 13:41
This is essentially the same process for almost any hotel in the world.

Check-in is the process where you get your room assignment, key and fill out any additional forms. They might take a copy of your passport. eg you "check in" with the hotel when you arrive. Essentially it is a "I'm here".

Check-out Check out is the opposite of check-in when you are leaving the hotel for good."

Depending on the hotel payment might be made during check-in or check-out (hotels have different policies and procedures when it comes to payment).
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Toyoko Inn 2010/12/9 15:57
For Toyoko Inn, check in starts at 4:00 PM. Toyoko Inn Card Members can check in at 3:00 PM but you have give prior notice. You have to check out before 10:00 AM, even if you are staying multiple days. So you can not stay in your room betweem 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM. When you make your online reservation, you can select your checkin time. I always make it 12 midnight.

I have checked in after midnight and had no problems. My flight arrived in Haneda at 10:30 PM. I had no problems catching the hotel shuttle and checking in.
by Wayne523 rate this post as useful

check-in 2010/12/9 16:48
Actually you can check in much earlier than 4 pm. like 8 am for example if your plane or train to that town arrives early .
You just will not get a room at that time and will have to leave your luggage at the hotel desk.

Then, when you come back from shopping, sightseeing etc. in the afternoon they will have a room already assigned to you.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Me again 2011/2/4 11:52
Hello Japan-Guide.

Another quick question...(I just want to make sure).

-If I read correctly on the website, I can't reserve sooner that 3 months in advance, right?

Because everything past febuary 10th is unavalaible.

So if I want to reserve for May 14th night, I need to wait for febuary 14th??

Also, any preference between Haneda 1 and 2 or I go where I have a room?

Thanks a lot again for your help!

by Silchuki rate this post as useful

liem 2011/2/4 13:07
Silchuki ,

Reservation 3 months in advance is for non member , and 6 months if you are a Toyoko inns member.
Toyoko inns Haneda 1 and 2 are so close to each other, so it does not matter which one you stay.
by Toyoko inns (guest) rate this post as useful

TOYOKO INNS 2011/2/4 13:10
Silchuki ,

Reservation 3 months in advance is for non member , and 6 months if you are a Toyoko inns member.
Toyoko inns Haneda 1 and 2 are so close to each other, so it does not matter which one you stay.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread