Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ishigaki Island Transportation/Food 2011/3/5 21:01
Hi, I will be going to Ishigaki Island this April and have some questions as I'm planning my own itinerary.

I do not own a driving license so I can only depend on the bus or taxi for transportation while there, and I am hoping to cover the below spots during the trip.

1) Is it convenient to hail taxis at the below places or is it okay to approach the staff at the reception desks to call for one?

2) Are there any buses to Tamatorizaki Viewpoint and what is the line and name of the nearest bus stop?

3) How much would it cost approximately to make a trip via taxi between Tamatorizaki Viewpoint and Sunset Beach, as well as from Sunset Beach back to the city?

4) Are there any food places around Kabira Bay or Sukuji Beach?

Thanks in advance!

Planned spots to visit:
Tamatorizaki Viewpoint
Sunset Beach
Kabira Bay - glass bottomed boat tour
Black Ryukyu Pearl Factory
Sukuji Beach
by lsong (guest)  

... 2011/3/6 09:00
I am afraid it is very difficult to get to minor sites without a rental car.

Is it convenient to hail taxis at the below places or is it okay to approach the staff at the reception desks to call for one?

I doubt that there are many taxis around Ishigaki. The major tourist spots should have them waiting for tourists. But the minor ones won't. You will have to call them by phone. Approaching your hotel's reception staff is a recommended alternative.

Are there any buses to Tamatorizaki Viewpoint and what is the line and name of the nearest bus stop?

It is a 15 minute walk from 玉取崎 bus stop on the 平野 Line. There are only 2 buses per day (3 on weekends)!

How much would it cost approximately to make a trip via taxi between Tamatorizaki Viewpoint and Sunset Beach, as well as from Sunset Beach back to the city?

Tamatorizaki to Sunset Beach:
Around 2500 yen, but it is unlikely that there will be a taxi at the viewpoint.

Sunset Beach to the city:
6000-9000 yen. Again there will probably be no taxi waiting at the beach.

Are there any food places around Kabira Bay or Sukuji Beach?

Yes, there are tourist cafeterias around Kabira Bay. But I can't remember anything around Sukuji Beach.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2011/3/7 01:07
Hi Uji, thank you for your reply. I guess I'll need to plan my itinerary around the 2 buses for the Hirano line then... ^_^;
by lsong (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread