Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels In Ikebukuro 2011/3/10 16:37
Hi, I will be extending my stay in Tokyo for 3 nights after my Hokkaido trip and would like to find out which hotels is recommended in the Ikebukuro area. Any idea which of the hotels listed below is nearest to Sunshine City prince or Hotel Metropolitan which has the airport limo?

Any reviews for the following:

1) Sakura Hotel
2) B ikebukuro
3) Tokyo Inn

Any other recommendation is very much appreciated.

Thanks very much.
by Phyllis (guest)  

. 2011/3/10 18:38
1) Sakura Hotel
2) B ikebukuro
3) Tokyo Inn

Sakura Hotel and Toyoko Inn(s) are on the west side of Ikebukuro station and they are all about 1 km north of the Hotel Metropolitan, about a 10-12 minute walk.

B Ikebukuro is on the east side of Ikebukuro station and about 8-10 minutes walk (700m) to Sunshine City Prince Hotel.

As to the hotels themselves, the Sakura comes across as more of a hostel type hotel, Toyoko Inn is a business hotel chain and I have used them all over Japan and am very hppy with the service and price. The B Ikebukuro is the most expensive and seems to be a budget boutique hotel.

I would personally go for this Toyoko Inn location:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00007/index.html

It has the lowest price and is 850m from Hotel Metropolitain.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/10 18:59
Robbeer has covered it all, but have you read all of the reviews on tripadvisor.com?

I usually check there, and/or expedia and/or agoda if those sites offer the hotels.

I then take a grain of salt :)

I also google the name and "blog" or the name and "review" and have a read.

Are you flying into Haneda or Narita? If Narita then the NEX does go to Ikebukuro so you may wish to catch that and possibly get the NEX + Suica package at the airport, instead of the limousine bus.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread