Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryokan yukata sizes 2011/3/11 08:36
Hi,
My partner and I will be travelling to Japan in december and we will be visiting Kinosaki.

I am a little concerned that the yukatas avalible at all the ryokans will not be big enough. we are both larger people (approx australian womens 18-20)

As we havent choosen a ryokan yet does anyone know if any of them supply yukatas in larger sizes?

thanks
by Seratone  

... 2011/3/11 11:31
I am a little concerned that the yukatas avalible at all the ryokans will not be big enough. we are both larger people (approx australian womens 18-20)

It differs between ryokan. Some have only a single size, which is often rather small. But many ryokan (especially the better ones) have a variety of sizes. 特大 (tokudai) is usually the largest size. Interestingly 特大 can also vary between ryokan. Usually it is just perfect for me, a 180 cm tall man. But sometimes it is too large. Sorry, I have no clue what "australian womens 18-20" means.
by Uji rate this post as useful

sizes 2011/3/11 14:13
australian womans clothing sizes 18-20 works out to be:

US size 14-16
Japan (apparently) size 17-19

Thanks
by Seratone rate this post as useful

selectional or random? 2011/3/11 20:19
Just curious.
The hotel will ask for Guest Sizes when check-in? or they just provide randomly?

Thank you~
by linkerbell rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/11 21:15
The hotel will ask for Guest Sizes when check-in?

It varies widely. Some have just one size for everybody. Others ask/judge at check in. Others have a variety of sizes on the room.

And you can ask them at any time.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread