Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sewage System and Disney Ok? 2011/3/12 07:09
Hi, guys, posted yesterday asking about your safetybut it didn't show...Are you guys ok, based on the latest, it seems everyone is up and about...

Our flight is still on the April 11 roughly a month after...some of my relatvies/friends have been advising me to cancel...

1. How is the sewage system, some are saying the water might be contaminated
2. How is Disney? Read that the carpark was submerged. What about the park itself. Any idea if most of the attractions will be closed for repair etc.?
3. Also read that Shimbashi Station was affected. And that area around Fuji Tv in Odaiba is flooded. So is Odaiba a no-go right now?

But I have utmost respect and belief in the Japanese---they have risen after the War to be one of the leading nations--so my hb and I is one in believing they can overcome this, too...
by Olivia (guest)  

... 2011/3/12 10:11
How is the sewage system, some are saying the water might be contaminated

I have not heard anything about damaged sewage systems.

How is Disney? Read that the carpark was submerged. What about the park itself. Any idea if most of the attractions will be closed for repair etc.?

Disney Land and Sea are closed today (March 12) for security checks. No decision regarding tomorrow, but I expect it to re-open on Sunday or a couple of days afterwards.

Also read that Shimbashi Station was affected.

That is new to me. Affected in what way? That trains were not running?

And that area around Fuji Tv in Odaiba is flooded. So is Odaiba a no-go right now?

I have not heard about that either, although I would not be surprised that some of the seaside park area got flooded. This even happens sometimes during regular high tides when it is windy. The Yurikamome does not operate today, but the Rinkai Line does.
by Uji rate this post as useful

follow-up 2011/3/12 12:26
Read those in the many websites yesterday--Hopefull it's all hype and not true--and hopefully Odaiba is up and running although when I went to the website of Miraikan--they posted that the museum is closed due to the earthquake. They didn't put any info on when they plan to reopen...
Are all the lines around Tokyo in operation right now?
by Olivia (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread