Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai to Tokyo 18 kippu-go or cancel? 2011/3/13 15:21
I'm planning to travel from Kansai to
Tokyo next weekend, should I stick to my plan or cancel?? I have no problem to be in Tokyo, I am just a little concerned about the train trip. It's more than 10 hours and if the trains are stopped due to a tremor i would be stuck in the middle of nowhere! My friends in Tokyo are telling me to stay in Kansai coz it's safer.....but seriously, what's the chances of another huge disaster happening so soon?? I have no special reason to go to Tokyo this weekend so can easily cancel the trip if my life was gunna be in danger, but I don't think that is the case, is it?? Any advice??
by Julie (guest)  

... 2011/3/13 16:09
I am just a little concerned about the train trip. It's more than 10 hours and if the trains are stopped due to a tremor i would be stuck in the middle of nowhere!

The area along the entire railway line between Kansai and Tokyo is heavily industrialized and urbanized. You won't be in the middle of nowhere! I assume you travel along the Tokaido Main Line.

My friends in Tokyo are telling me to stay in Kansai coz it's safer....but seriously, what's the chances of another huge disaster happening so soon?

I think it is only somewhat higher for the Tokyo area than the Kansai area.

I have no special reason to go to Tokyo this weekend so can easily cancel the trip if my life was gunna be in danger, but I don't think that is the case, is it??

Even in a bad-case scenario, it is unlikely that your life will be in danger. More likely, you would be confronted with some inconvenience, such as being stranded somewhere. But judging from the current state of things, even that seems rater unlikely.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread