Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Alternate route to Akita 2011/3/15 19:31
I will be traveling to Japan on march 31st and since the Tohoku Akita Shinkansen line is down, can someone point me to an alternate form of transportation or train route that I may take to reach Akita Station from Tokyo Station. Thank you.
by Dev (guest)  

... 2011/3/15 19:32
Trains along the Sea of Japan coast via Niigata (Akita - Sakata - Niigata - Tokyo) are in operation again (as of March 15). Alternatively, there are flights between Akita and Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2011/3/15 19:40
Thanks for the info Uji. So just to clarify (since I've never been to japan and trains are a bit confusing to me), what train would I take from Tokyo Station? Is it called the Niigata line? Also where would I look to see the map of the train line? Thanks for your help!
by Dev (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/15 19:50
1) You take the Joetsu Shinkansen from Tokyo to Niigata
2) And then the "Inaho" limited express from there to Akita

Note that there are not many Inaho trains per day, and that the Joetsu Shinkansen might run at a reduced schedule.
by Uji rate this post as useful

willer 2011/3/15 21:01
according to your previous post you have a Willer bus ticket from Tokyo to Akita?

I think that is your best shot as I havent heard news of cancellations from them for the 31st.
by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

reply to this thread