Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Passing through Tokyo? 2011/3/15 23:06
Originally, mu husband and myself were scheduled to arrive in Tokyo on March 22, spend 3 nights in Tokyo, 3 nights in Kyoto and 1 night in Osaka and then fly out of Osaka on March 29th. Despite the current situation in the Kanto region, we would still like to travel and have been advised by our travel agent we should be safe.

As we have a 7 day JR pass, we're thinking instead of staying in Tokyo, we should take a speed train out to Nagoya or somewhere in the Fuji 5 lakes area after arriving at Narita and spend 2 nights there. Would this be possible?

If it is, how diffifult right now ifs it to get from Narita airport to Tokyo station? Have there been speed trains running out to Nagoya?

Any assistance would be appreciated!
by Bev H (guest)  

... 2011/3/16 08:53
As we have a 7 day JR pass, we're thinking instead of staying in Tokyo, we should take a speed train out to Nagoya or somewhere in the Fuji 5 lakes area after arriving at Narita and spend 2 nights there. Would this be possible?

Yes. But I would not select the Fuji 5 Lake area, because it is also affected by the blackouts and was hit by a strong earthquake yesterday. No major damage, but possible aftershocks.

If it is, how diffifult right now ifs it to get from Narita airport to Tokyo station?

It changes on a daily basis. The trend is positive. Today it is relatively easy as explained on the below linked page, but it is difficult to speculate about the future. I personally expect the improving trend to continue:
http://www.japan-guide.com/news/0018.html

Have there been speed trains running out to Nagoya?

Yes, despite yesterday's strong earthquake below Mount Fuji, the Tokaido Shinkansen is running normally today (and has been doing so since the day after the March 11 earthquake).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Uji! 2011/3/16 10:29
Thank you Uji for being calm and continuing to talk about everything.
by Momel rate this post as useful

. 2011/3/16 11:03
Thanks, Uji. Looks as if the Nagano Shinkansen is back to a normal schedule?
by Deeg67 rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/3/16 11:32
Thanks for the prompt response, Uji. :)
We're still hoping to stay in Tokyo for a few days but it's good to know that the shinkansen are running on schedule if we need to make a last minute change.
by Bev H (guest) rate this post as useful

yeah 2011/3/16 14:08
it really arouse my interest
by susanexpress rate this post as useful

. 2011/3/16 18:57
Train information is being regularly updated in English on this site:

http://donotstuck.blogspot.com

by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread