Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osorezan access 2011/5/4 11:07
Hi all

I will visit osorezan at the end of this month. From Japan-Guide.com access to Osorezan is fully covered by JR Pass if travel through Hachinohe. My question is whether JR Pass also cover Aoimori railway from Aomori to Noheji and back. Also is RAPID RESORT ASUNARO SHIMOKITA a JR train?

Thank all

Kowit
by kowit  

... 2011/5/4 12:18
From Japan-Guide.com access to Osorezan is fully covered by JR Pass if travel through Hachinohe.

No, according to Japan-Guide.com it is covered through Shimokita Station. And that is correct:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3726.html

My question is whether JR Pass also cover Aoimori railway from Aomori to Noheji and back.

Thanks to a special rule to keep the Shimokita Peninsula accessible to pass holders, the Japan Rail Pass is valid on the Aoimori Railway if you use it to travel:
- between Hachinohe and Aomori
or
- between Aomori and the Shimokita Peninsula
or
- between Hachinohe and the Shimokita Peninsula

But you may not get on and off at any Aoimori Railway station other than Hachinohe, Noheji or Aomori.

Also is RAPID RESORT ASUNARO SHIMOKITA a JR train?

It is a JR train running partially on non-JR tracks. It is fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Speedy response 2011/5/4 12:23
Thank you Uji. We all can depend on you for speedy, informative and accurate response to our question.

Kowit
by kowit rate this post as useful

reply to this thread