Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Tokyo Narita Airport to Shizuoka 2011/6/21 07:40
Hi,

I'm planning on going to Japan from Aug. 28th to Sept. 19th to help at an English school in Shizuoka. I'm writing to ask, what is the most advisable route from the airport to get to Shizuoka? I have looked at the shinkansen and the normal train route but am not sure if I need to book in advance (and how to do that?) or about how to get to the station from Narita...

I will do more research tomorrow but wanted to hear opinions from those who know the travel system of Japan better than me!

Thanks a lot for reading, I appreciate any advice that you will give me!

Elysia
by Elysia w  

... 2011/6/21 08:23
Here are some basics for travel from Tokyo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6351.html

By Narita Express and shinkansen would be fastest and most convenient. Just buy the ticket and make seat reservations after arrival at Narita Airport.

Seat reservations are mandatory for the Narita Express, but are optional for the shinkansen (I recommend to pay the additional few hundred yen for peace of mind).

It is possible to transfer from the Narita Express to the shinkansen at either Tokyo or Shinagawa Station. Shinagawa Station is easier to navigate.

Note that due to energy savings, there are currently no Narita Express trains leaving Narita Airport between 11:15 and 14:15. During this time you could take the Sobu Line instead or travel by Keisei Skyliner and Yamanote Line via Nippori.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread