Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus to and from Ohara 2011/6/28 10:05
Hi, I would like to know the following:-
1) What time is the earliest bus (Bus #17 or Bus #18) departing from Kyoto Station to Ohara Bus Stop?
2) How frequent is the intervals between buses to Ohara?
3) Is it doable to visit Ohara early in the morning and then proceed on to Mt. Hiei (Enryakuji - only Toto and Saito area)?
4) How do I get back to Kyoto Station after my visit to Enryakuji? What time is the last mode of transport (i.e. cable car and bus) and what bus number do I need to catch back to Kyoto?

Would appreciate any help. I have difficulty viewing Japanese char of the Kyoto bus timetable website on my PC so I'd appreciate if you can help check the times for me.

Thanks a lot!
by julialim (guest)  

Bus 2011/6/29 11:15
http://www.kyotobus.jp/rosen/~pdf/kyotoekimae_c3.pdf
ԌΫ[Ohara]
[blue] weekday [•½“ú:Hei-jitsu]
[Red] Sat/Sun/National holiday [“y‹x“ú:Do-Kyu-jitu]@

about 60min (no transfer)

or Subway and Bus,fast.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3932.html
http://wikitravel.org/en/Kyoto/North
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html
by micco (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/7/3 23:50
Hi, thanks for the link for the Kyoto Bus # 17 timetable. unfortunately, my PC doesn't support Japanese char on my Adobe Reader.

Could you tell me what time are the 3 earliest buses departing from Kyoto Station on a weekday (I plan to go on 24 Nov Thur) to Ohara? And what time will I reach Ohara for each of the 3 times?

Also, I plan to visit Enryakuji (Toto) on the same day after Ohara. Planning to leave Ohara around 12:40pm to 13:00pm.
1) Could you tell me the timetable for the bus #17 departing Ohara roughly around this time to Yase-Hieizanguchi stop, as I can't read the pdf file due to reasons above?
2) I'd like to know whether there are other buses besides #17 which I can take from Ohara to Yase-Hieizanguchi stop?
3) How far is it in terms of time to walk from Yase-Hieizanguchi stop to the Hiei Yase Cable Car Station? 5 min walk?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
by julialim rate this post as useful

... 2011/7/4 08:53
Could you tell me what time are the 3 earliest buses departing from Kyoto Station on a weekday (I plan to go on 24 Nov Thur) to Ohara?

7:25, 7:45 and 8:05

And what time will I reach Ohara for each of the 3 times?

According to the timetable, they should arrive there an hour later.

Also, I plan to visit Enryakuji (Toto) on the same day after Ohara. Planning to leave Ohara around 12:40pm to 13:00pm.
1) Could you tell me the timetable for the bus #17 departing Ohara roughly around this time to Yase-Hieizanguchi stop, as I can't read the pdf file due to reasons above?

Departures are always at :00, :20 and :40. In addition you can use bus line 19, which departs at 12:10, 12:50 and 13:30. Furthermore, I think there will be some additional departures during that time of the year because it is peak season. The ride to Yase-Hieizanguchi Station takes 10 minutes.

2) I'd like to know whether there are other buses besides #17 which I can take from Ohara to Yase-Hieizanguchi stop?

Bus 19.

How far is it in terms of time to walk from Yase-Hieizanguchi stop to the Hiei Yase Cable Car Station? 5 min walk?

Just across the bridge. About one minute.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.... 2011/7/4 10:00
Thanks so much Uji.

I am planning to return to Kyoto from Hieizan via the cable car to Sakamoto and then catch the JR Kosei Line from Sakamoto back to Kyoto Station.

I understand there is a shuttle bus that goes from the Lower Hieizan Sakamoto cable car station to the Hieizan Sakamoto Train Station in 7 min.

However, I've tried to view the timetable after 5pm for this shuttle bus (i think it is number 41) on www.kojak.co.jp but again face the same problem i.e. cannot view the pdf because of non-support Japanese Char...

If you can help me, can you check what is the bus departure times after 5pm for this shuttle bus?

Thanks so much for your help...

... 2011/7/4 11:50
Yes, it is bus number 41. It operates every 30 minutes, always leaving at :20 and :50 (I suspect it is timed with the arrival of cable cars). The 16:50 departure is everyday. The 17:20 departure operates everyday except most of December. The 17:50 departure operates from April until early December. The 18:20 operates from May through August.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.... 2011/7/4 12:09
Thanks Uji!

reply to this thread