Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onuma Park 2011/8/3 14:11
Hi,

I understand that there is a camp site at the east side of Onuma Park, but can't seem to find any extra information on it.

I'll be visiting alone in late October and will be traveling light. Will I be bothering anyone if I'm without a tent? Is usage of the site free? I'd like to spend one night in the park so I could take (hopefully) take some good photos in the early morning.

Any suggestions and advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
by hitori  

... 2011/8/3 18:22
I understand that there is a camp site at the east side of Onuma Park, but can't seem to find any extra information on it.

It is called 東大沼キャンプ場 (Higashi Onuma Camp Ground), and there is a lot of information available in Japanese. Only a little bit in English:
http://www.viajeajapon.com/pdf/viajeajapon.com%20listado%20de%20campin...

It is free, and tent rental is not available.

I'll be visiting alone in late October and will be traveling light. Will I be bothering anyone if I'm without a tent?

How do you imagine to sleep without a tent? It can be very cold and rainy in late October.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/8/3 19:08
Hi Uji,

Thanks. I know it might be considered a bit of spoonfeeding but could you direct me to more information on the campsite in Japanese?

And I'm not sure I'm getting it but is 東大沼野営場 and 東大沼キャンプ場 referring to the same place? They are both free it seems.

Also 東大沼野営場 has a convenience store within walking distance which is a real life-saver.

Is it the rainy season again in October? I expect myself to be up most of the night taking photos of the stars so I figured sleeping isn't exactly part of the itinerary. Don't have any contingency plans yet for rain though...
by hitori rate this post as useful

... 2011/8/4 17:43
Judging from photos and address, it is obviously the same.

Is it the rainy season again in October?

No, but it can rain at any time during the year. In October, the percentage of rainy days in the area is around 30%.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/8/4 19:05
Thanks. I'd better take the rain seriously then.
by hitori rate this post as useful

reply to this thread