Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Rail or Kintetsu 2011/9/10 13:01
Hi we are planning to go to formula 1 arriving Osaka(1 night) then staying in Nagoya(4 nights) to go F1 and finally go up to Tokyo.

What tourist train pass you recommend me to buy...that will covers my trip in Japans

Osaka-Nagoya-F1-Nagoya-Tokyo.

I saw your post that single tickets will work cheaper but do not how to apply to my trip.

Mauricio

by mauricio (guest)  

. 2011/9/10 14:06
The Kintetsu Pass doesn't cover Nagoya-Tokyo leg. The JR Pass costs more than Osaka-Nagoya-Tokyo by the Shinkansen. So buying individual tickets is the answer.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/10 21:22
Kintetsu Rail Pass is useful for Osaka(Namba) - Nagoya.

Check out Shinkansen and Highway Bus option for Nagoya - Tokyo.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3302.html
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

F1 2011/9/11 10:40
F1 at Suzuka Circuit? http://www.nic-nagoya.or.jp/en/e/archives/1203

How to get to Suzuka Circuit: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4325.html

The Kintetsu Rail Pass will take you from Nagoya to Shiroko and return. But you will still have to take a bus from Shiroko to Suzuka Circuit.

The Kintetsu Rail pass (3,700 Yen) is valid for 5 consecutive days, so use it for:
Osaka - Nagoya - F1(Shiroko) - Nagoya.
by Green Tea Latte rate this post as useful

Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide + JR tickets 2011/9/11 15:14
: KIX = Kansai International Airport.
: HND = Tokyo International Airport = Haneda Airport.
: NRT = Narita International Airport.

What tourist train pass you recommend me to buy
I saw your post that single tickets will work cheaper but do not how to apply to my trip.

You have not yet shown the whole itinerary.
Here I continue, on the assumption that you will enter Japan at KIX, head to Nagoya City, visit F1 Grand Prix at Suzuka Circuit, move to Tokyo and exit Japan at HND or NRT all in the coming October.

To move from Osaka City to Nagoya City in a short time, a Shinkansen "Hikari" or "Nozomi" is better than a Kintetsu Ltd. Express.

A JR base-fare ticket to get from KIX via Nagoya City to Tokyo or NRT is valid only for 5 calendar days.
Your itinerary has at least 6 calendar days for the route, so you have to divide it.

If the route is divided at Nagoya, the cost for both the first half until Nagoya and a round trip to Suzuka Circuit can be lower if you use a Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide.

One possible merit of the KRP Wide is that it enables the holder to have a set of two-way airport accesses between KIX and Namba in Osaka (and/or between Centrair and Nagoya City, which I assume you will not choose).
http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-1.html
http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-2.html

By the way, will a child be among the travelers?
Regarding the KRP Wide, a kid edition (for kids of 6 - 11 years old) is NOT available. For a traveler before reaching 12, a Kintetsu Rail Pass (without "Wide" in the name) or JR regular tickets can be a better choice.
If a little child before reaching 6 solely uses a reserved space, or one elder passenger (of 6 years old or older) accompanies more than two such little children, a fare and/or a charge may be required.

The transportation cost until Tokyo with one round trip to Suzuka Circuit
: 17040 yen, for a traveler of 12 years old or older.
Details
# 5700 yen: Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide: valid for 5 consecutive calendar days.
# KRP Wide (1390 yen with regular tickets, including Ltd. Express charge)
: From Kansai-airport to Namba by Nankai, taking a Ltd. Express "Rapi:t" for about 40 minutes.
# KRP Wide (4150 yen with regular tickets, including Ltd. Express charge)
: From Osaka Namba to Kintetsu Nagoya by Kintetsu, taking a Ltd. Express for about 2 hours with one of the three vouchers.
# KRP Wide (2 x 1670 yen with regular tickets, including Ltd. Express charges) for one round trip
: Between Kintetsu Nagoya and Shiroko by Kintetsu, taking a Ltd. Express each way for about 40 minutes with one of the three vouchers.
# 2 x 380 yen, base fares for one round trip
: Between Shiroko-eki Nishi (= Shiroko Station West) and Suzuka Circuit by bus of Mie Kotsu.
(Maybe the bus rides will be covered by the KRP Wide, maybe not.)
Only a few regular buses are available on weekdays.
Extra buses will run because of F1 Grand Prix, presumably during 7 - 9 October for this time.
A public holiday will fall on 10 October 2011.
# 6090 yen, base fare
: From Nagoya to a station in Tokyo 23 city wards (= of Tokyo tokunai) by JR.
# 4490 yen, charge
: From Nagoya to Shinagawa or Tokyo, taking a Shinkansen "Hikari" or "Nozomi" for less than two hours.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Japan 2011/9/17 12:19
Many Thanks, looks like keinketsu 5 days ticket will work better than individual tickets.

Plan is
Oct 5 osaka KI Airport to osaka city
Oct 6 to Nagoya
Oct 7-9 Nagoya-Susuka-Nagoya
Oct 10- 15 to ToKio

Thanks for your wise advise
by Mauricio (guest) rate this post as useful

Japan 2011/9/17 15:06
Many Thanks, looks like keinketsu 5 days ticket will work better than individual tickets.

Plan is
Oct 5 osaka KI Airport to osaka city
Oct 6 to Nagoya
Oct 7-9 Nagoya-Susuka-Nagoya
Oct 10- 15 to ToKio

Thanks for your wise advise
by Mauricio (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2011/9/17 17:24
Thanks for the great help!
I am newbie here and now planning a trip to Japan next month. That's why i join this community area.
by jonalexa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread