Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Noto Peninsula question 2011/9/27 06:21
We are planning on visiting Wajima, but access seems to be limited since we are not planning on driving. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get there? Is it better to travel from Kanazawa or from Toyama? Also, how much time would we need to get there and explore? I understand that you can access Wajima from Wakura Onsen, but I am not planning on staying at Wakura Onsen since there doesn't seem to be much to see there, or am I mistaken?
by kvnkd  

Re: Noto Peninsula question 2011/9/27 16:47
It is most easily accessed from Kanazawa (direct buses). Details are here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4251.html?aFROM=2167_4250

A day is enough to see Wajima. How much time depends on the person. If you are interested in lacquer and prefer a slow pace, you can spend many hours there. The morning market ends around noon. There is not much to see otherwise.

As for Wakura Onsen, there is not much to see. It is a place to go and spend a night in an onsen ryokan. Preferably the Kagaya, one of the best in all of Japan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread