Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting to Sankeien Garden (Yokohama) 2011/10/15 15:10
Hi,
My hotel is in minato mirai area, and I plan to take a bus from Sakuragicho station to Sankeien. The guide says to take 54, 58, 99, 101 or 108 from Negishi station.

I have 2 questions -

1. How much is bus fare and do I need to prepare exact change? Do I pay the bus upon boarding?

2. How do I get back to Negishi station? Do I take the same bus from where I got off, or do I need to find a different bus stop?

by Alfred Seet (guest)  

Re: Getting to Sankeien Garden (Yokohama) 2011/10/15 15:47
How much is bus fare and do I need to prepare exact change?

A flat fare of 210 yen one way. There is an exchange machine next to the driver, but it cannot accept 2000, 5000 or 10000 yen bills, as explained on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2015.html

It is also possible to pay with a Suica or Pasmo prepaid card (recommended if you stay in the Tokyo/Yokohama area for several days).

Do I pay the bus upon boarding?

Yes.

How do I get back to Negishi station? Do I take the same bus from where I got off, or do I need to find a different bus stop?

It is a bus stop in the same general area as you arrived. If you are unsure, I recommend to ask somebody.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Just for your info 2011/10/16 02:14
Alfred Seet,

Just so that you know, there also is a tourist information center right in front of JR Sakuragicho Station's bus terminal. Have a nice trip!
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread