Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ATM with Plus and Cirrus logo 2011/11/16 21:44
i@am in tokyo . i have problem finding bank ATM machine with logo of Plus or cirrus . can anyone tell me where in tokyo city, i can find one. i have find the 7 eleven have the international logo of Plus and Cirrus, but still not accept my card.

by peter (guest)  

Japan Post 2011/11/17 10:27
I would suggest you try the ATM at Japan Post Offices. These tend to be the most compatible with foreign cards.

You don't say where in Tokyo you are but it should be pretty easy to find the nearest Post Office, they are often located near the train stations.

In Shinjuku there is a large Post Office near the Yodobashi Camera store on the West side of the station for example.

If the Japan Post ATM doesn't work then I guess you can try a Citibank ATM
http://www.citibank.co.jp/en/bankingservice/branch_atm/kanto/index.htm...

Hope this helps!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: ATM with Plus and Cirrus logo 2011/11/17 11:08
The PO should work.

Citibank is another option.
There are branches listed here
http://www.citibank.com/locations/ap/jp/jp/tokyo/tokyo.htm

Shinsei bank *may* also work
http://www.shinseibank.com/english/
Make a note of their logo - they are in quite a lot of subway stations.
by girltokyo rate this post as useful

Re: ATM with Plus and Cirrus logo 2011/11/17 12:08
If those havent worked for withdrawing money, your bank may have put a hold on your account due to suspicious activity, ie you using it in Japan and them not knowing.

Also if you have a 6 number pin that may not also work in Japan
by eXstnZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ATM with Plus and Cirrus logo 2011/11/17 12:45
I stick with the post offices and haven't had any problems. Otherwise ask at a larger hotel, they usually can direct you to one in the hotel or nearby that will work for foreign cards.
by pacifictonz rate this post as useful

Re: ATM with Plus and Cirrus logo 2011/11/20 01:10
thanks everyone

what about in kyoto, i will be staying near Gion shijo station.
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ATM with Plus and Cirrus logo 2011/11/20 10:51
Others may know closer options but in Kyoto we always stay at the Granvia so the big post office outside the Kyoto train station is what I use (go left when you come out the main doors and are looking at the bus transit centre). This one has several English language machines and is very convenient as many tourists will use this train, subway and bus hub.
by pacifictonz rate this post as useful

Re: ATM with Plus and Cirrus logo 2011/11/20 11:30
I always travel with two cards from different banks. I have found that sometimes one card will not work at an ATM but the other will. And then at a different machine it will be the other way around.

Sometimes a card just doesn't work for no apparent reason but will work in the next machine. Sometimes it will say insufficient funds when there is money in the account.

So if your card doesn't work, try a different machine.

But as others have said, just go to any Post Office. There's usually one near the station.
by nozomi11 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ATM with Plus and Cirrus logo 2011/11/20 11:46
I cant understand why some ppl dont prepare any backup plans for money/transportation matters.

All you need to do is to find multiple ways of doing something. 2 bank/credit cards are fine. I usually check out "street view on google" when going to a place for the first time.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread