Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The Bluff and Ramen Museum, what should I do? 2011/12/18 23:05
We are planning to leave Tokyo for Yokohama first thing in the morning. We have decided that the bluff and the ramen museum are going to be our main priority. However, we are not sure as how to fit the plan together. Would any please kindly give us some advice?
by Jeljel (guest)  

Re: The Bluff and Ramen Museum, what should I do? 2011/12/21 15:13
See one and then the other and possibly something in between. Transportation details can be found here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2156.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: The Bluff and Ramen Museum, what should I do? 2011/12/21 16:33
Shin Yokohama Raumen museum is less then 1/4 from the station. But unless it's changed policies in the last year or so since I've been there... it doesn't open it's doors until closer to lunchtime. Might be the last place you go to before returning to Shin Yokohama Eki.
by Shiba (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The Bluff and Ramen Museum, what should I do? 2011/12/21 22:18
Jeljel,

What part of Tokyo are you coming from and where are you going after you're done with Yokohama and are you coming by train or car? Your plan doesn't seem too difficult, so I'm not really sure why you're asking.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The Bluff and Ramen Museum, what should I do? 2011/12/24 00:35
Thank you for your kind replies!
Ah, indeed my plan is quite simple, but I am not very sure how to shuffle things around. I mean, we only have two main objectives--visiting the bluffs and the ramen museum, under one condition that we have to be back at Tokyo Bigsight before 4 p.m. I just wonder if it would be possible to visit any other places in Yokohama as well, under this schedule.
by JelJel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The Bluff and Ramen Museum, what should I do? 2011/12/24 01:47
Jeljel,

Thanks for the response.

Then go to the Bluff first, enjoy your stroll, visit an old mansion or two when they open around 9:30am, if you think you have time enjoy other places near the Bluff (because the Ramen Museum area is not as touristical), then go to Ramen Museum for lunch.

You only need less than an hour to see everything in the Museum. If you catch a 3:00pm-ish train at Shin-Yokohama you will arrive at Kokusai-tenjijo station at 3:45-ish. That means you need to leave the museum around 2:45 to be on the safe side. That means you need to leave the Bluff area at least by 1:00.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The Bluff and Ramen Museum, what should I do? 2011/12/24 03:31
From the bluff area you can walk through the Motomachi shopping area over to Chinatown, and then up along the waterfront, past Yamashita Koen, and north to Minato Mirai.

If you're interested in doing two ramen museums in one day, you'll pass the Cupnoodles Museum on the way to Minato Mirai. http://whereintokyo.com/venues/25295.html

In the area there's also Landmark Tower, the Yokohama Museum of Art (mostly contemporary art), and the Mitsubishi Industrial Museum.
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The Bluff and Ramen Museum, what should I do? 2011/12/24 10:05
I serioulsy think the Ramen museum is over-rated.

Essentially you pay an admission fee to enter, see some displays, then you go to the basement where you pay to sample some ramen. You could probably eat cheaper and more in Yokohama itself.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread