Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Skymark Sky Bargain 2011/12/31 19:30
Hey guys,

Myself and a mate of mine are planning to fly into Osaka and catch a domestic flight up to Sapporo from Kobe.

I have a few questions regarding this.

1. From my checks a domestic flight is cheaper than a train, is this correct? On the Skymark website the cost is around 11 800 Yen for a flight from Kobe - Sapporo on Feb 2nd 2012.

2. I heard about the Skymark Sky Bargain on your site and I was wondering how we book with that cost? I cannot see that anyone on their website. Only "WEB Bargain".

3. Lastly, do these domestic flights include luggage? If so, how much? I would contact Skymark but they only list numbers on their site and include the statement "We have Japanese staff only." And I do not speak fluent Japanese :D

Thanks for any help,

Fluidz
by Fluidz  

Re: Skymark Sky Bargain 2012/1/1 08:24
From my checks a domestic flight is cheaper than a train, is this correct?

It depends on the fare you can get. Some fares are more expensive than a train ticket. But the fares by Skymark and discount fares by other airlines are usually cheaper than train tickets. See the following page for details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5306.html?aFROM=2157_2163

I heard about the Skymark Sky Bargain on your site and I was wondering how we book with that cost?

Via the website. But the number of seats available for that bargain are limited and often sell out within minutes after going on sale two months before travel date at 9:30. Also, on some dates and some flights, the bargain might not be available.

Lastly, do these domestic flights include luggage? If so, how much?

Policies vary with the airline. Here are Skymark's policies:
http://www.skymark.jp/en/res_boarding/baggage.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Skymark Sky Bargain 2012/1/1 11:34
Skymark is a solid and reliable budget airline. It cuts its costs to a minimum so they won't be able to answer your specific questions in English. The bargains are all found on internet site. If it's not shown, then there is no cheaper bargain for that specific route at the time. Kobe and Sapporo around 11,000 yen is not bad at all. It's a good bargain. I've used the airline and Kobe-Sapporo several times.

The downside of Skymark is that they only allow 15kgs of luggage without payment. They are very strict on this policy, and charge you for extra load without hesitation (and puppy eyes and a smile won't work as in JAL or ANA). You only need to pay a few ten dollars worth of Japanese Yen for extra weight, though.

by Skymark- better than Ryan Air (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skymark Sky Bargain 2012/1/3 12:17
This is an option for those with return tickets from your home to Japan. Try ANA for their Visit Japan Fare. It's 13,000Yen per sector - minimum 2 sectors. It could be easier than to try to land that super cheap fare from Skymark, which as Uji-san pointed out, will only be open 2 months before departure date and sell out almost instantly.
by snakyman rate this post as useful

reply to this thread