Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fushimi Inari and Daigo-ji in one day? 2012/2/21 06:52
Hi,

Would it be too tiring to hike both Fushimi Inari and Kami Daigo in one day? I'd like to get the most out of both experiences so I don't want to rush them. If hiking them both would be too exhausting would it be recommended to skip the upper parts of Fushimi Inari, or skip Kami Daigo and just visit the lower parts of Daigo-ji?

Finally, are any food stalls in the Kami Daigo area or would we have to bring our own lunch?
by rotud  

Re: Fushimi Inari and Daigo-ji in one day? 2012/2/21 19:28
Would it be too tiring to hike both Fushimi Inari and Kami Daigo in one day?

Of course it depends on the person. I would have no problem doing both in a day. Both are about one hour of steep uphill walks.

Finally, are any food stalls in the Kami Daigo area or would we have to bring our own lunch?

I don't remember any food stalls and recommend to bring your own lunch.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari and Daigo-ji in one day? 2012/2/21 20:51
Uji pretty much answered your questions, but in terms of food, there are places to eat below Fushimi Inari around the station, so I would suggest having lunch there before going to Daigoji (or if you go to Daigoji first, have lunch upon arrival in Fushimi Inari before exploring the shrine).
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari and Daigo-ji in one day? 2012/2/21 23:35
It looks as if you can not visit Kami Daigo now anyway.
http://www.daigoji.or.jp/garan/kami_garan_detail_e.html
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari and Daigo-ji in one day? 2012/2/22 08:46
The English Daigoji website is a few years out-of-date. The trail to the top has been reopened again in the meantime.

Re: Fushimi Inari and Daigo-ji in one day? 2012/2/22 08:48
Three years out-of-date to be exact:
http://www.daigoji.or.jp/garan/kami_garan_detail.html
(the above page explains that the trail was reopened in 2009)

reply to this thread