Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Philosopher Path at night 2012/3/11 00:05
Is it possible to visit the Philosopher Path at night during the cherry blossom season? How is the fastest or easiest way to go there from the Kyoto Station? Thanks.
by Caecilia (guest)  

Re: Philosopher Path at night 2012/3/11 07:17
Is it possible to visit the Philosopher Path at night during the cherry blossom season?

Yes, you can walk the path at any time of the day. However, besides regular street lamps, there will be no light up along the path. I haven't been there during the night, but I imagine it to be pretty dark, and most of the trees won't be lit up.

How is the fastest or easiest way to go there from the Kyoto Station?

Outside rush hours, a direct taxi ride is likely to be fastest (about 20 minutes, 2000 yen). During rush hours when the streets are jammed, it can be faster to take the Karasuma Subway Line to Imadegawa Station (10 minutes, 250 yen) and then a taxi (10 minutes, around 1200 yen).

The easiest way is a direct taxi ride.

A cheaper way is to take a bus (220 yen, about 35-40 minutes ) there. During rush hours it might again be faster to take the subway line to Imadegawa or Marutamachi Station and then a bus from there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Philosopher Path at night 2012/3/11 13:26
Thank you for your information, Uji. However, I need to reconsider the option, because I thought that during the cherry blossom season the path will be lit up at night. But ... I really want to go there, though .. Thanks again.
by Caecilia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Philosopher Path at night 2012/3/11 14:41
Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that there was no special illumination.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Philosopher Path at night 2012/3/12 11:13
I think you're right. After reading your answer, I searched the web and youtube for hours. Apparently, people only go there during day time. So, it is safe to say that there was no special thing on the night, even during the sakura season. Thanks, Uji.

Re: Philosopher Path at night 2012/3/13 22:36
Perhaps you were referring to this event? - illuminations of certain Kyoto temples and streets during the cherry blossom season in March:

/www.hanatouro.jp/e/higashiyama/index.html

The enclosed map however does not indicate any illuminations on the PhilosopherLs Path.
by Hana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Philosopher Path at night 2012/3/14 02:20
Actually, what I meant was not really an event, just a possibility that during the most beautiful period ( early April?) people may also enjoy the path at night. However, the event that you have informed is really interesting ... Too bad I will not be there at the right time ...

reply to this thread