Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking Kyoto Imperial Palace tour 2012/3/18 14:42
I have read the Japan Guide info which states
"Reservations are often possible on the same day as the intended visit. . . .

Additionally, a small number of tour spots are available for reservation over the agency's website (see links below), however, these often get booked out"

I am a little confused by this info.

The date that I can go have been fully booked online. Can I still just show up on the day 10mins just before the stated guided tour time and be able to join the tour?

Thank you.
by petunia (guest)  

Re: Booking Kyoto Imperial Palace tour 2012/3/18 18:46
Can I still just show up on the day 10mins just before the stated guided tour time and be able to join the tour?

Ten minutes before the start of the tour is too late. You have to go there earlier than that. I recommend at least an hour. And there is no guarantee that the next tour will have vacant spots, especially during the peak seasons, such as the cherry blossom season in early April.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Booking Kyoto Imperial Palace tour 2012/3/18 23:04
We are going during 1st week of Aug. Pls advise how can we make early arrangement to visit this place?
by kopikui rate this post as useful

Re: Booking Kyoto Imperial Palace tour 2012/3/18 23:44
Try to reserve online. If the online slots are all booked out already, you will have to visit the imperial agency office in Kyoto and book a tour for a day during your stay in Kyoto. More details are explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3917.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Booking Kyoto Imperial Palace tour 2012/3/19 05:07
If booked full on line, try to get to the office early in the morning before noon for the afternoon tour.
We didn't know and decided to go on the guided tour, so we visited the office and reserved(don't bring a Japanese friend as they can not do on the same day), had lunch and joined the tour.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking Kyoto Imperial Palace tour 2012/3/19 13:25
thank you very much for the confirmation and advice.

I will indeed go and try my luck on the day itself.
by petunia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking Kyoto Imperial Palace tour 2012/3/19 16:03
If you aren't going until August there may not be availability up yet rather than it being booked out, this is what happened to us in February last year, when I looked again within 90 days of the visit there was availability in most sessions.

It was very interesting to look around and definitely worth the effort to get booked in.

This is the Imperial Household site where we booked and currently it only has it's calendar open until June but there are still lots of available days.
by pacifictonz rate this post as useful

Re: Booking Kyoto Imperial Palace tour 2012/3/19 16:05
My apologies, the site is here https://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/sankan/servlet/recept/initMonth
by pacifictonz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread