Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/4/25 00:32
I will be travelling to Arima Onsen in May. Is there any latest Rokko and Arima Onsen Pass available for purchase? I would like to take the cable car or ropeway as well. Where can I purchase? Thank you
by puppy821 (guest)  

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/4/25 16:25
In 2012, the Rokko and Arima Onsen Pass (Arima Rokko Shuyu Pass) is available from March 20 through December 24.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/4/30 23:37
Hi can you please advise the followings:

1) what does this pass cover?

2) I will travel from Himeji to Arima on 20 May 2012 then from Arima to Osaka 21 May 2012. How can I make full use of this pass in order to go for onsen, cable car/ ropeway and etc?

3) how much is the pass? where can I buy this pass?

thank you
by flyflyfly821 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/1 09:44
1) what does this pass cover?

1) Hankyu trains between Sannomiya and Rokko Station
2) The Kobe City Bus #16 (to Rokko Cable car station)
3) Rokko Cable Car
4) The bus on top of Mount Rokko
5) The Rokko Arima Ropeway
6) Shintetsu and subway trains between Arima Onsen via Tanigami to Sannomiya

Furthermore, depending on the version, it also includes riding trains of another railway company for access to Kobe.

I will travel from Himeji to Arima on 20 May 2012 then from Arima to Osaka 21 May 2012. How can I make full use of this pass in order to go for onsen, cable car/ ropeway and etc?

Where in Osaka will you be heading?

how much is the pass?

2300 yen for the basic 1-day pass (does not include anything in addition to the above mentioned). A Sanyo Railway version for 3000 yen would also include the train ride from Himeji to Kobe by Sanyo Railway. Alternatively, the Hankyu version for 2500 yen or the Hanshin version for 2400 yen would also include free rides on the respective railway companies' networks.

The basic pass is available at Kobe Subway Stations, Kobe City Bus ticket counters, Arima Onsen Station and Hankyu Sannomiya Station. The special versions are available at stations of the respective railway companies.

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/1 09:44
The following page has all the details in Japanese:
http://www.shintetsu.co.jp/arima_rokko/index.html

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/3 23:24
Hi Uji,

on 20 May 2012,
1) we will take the train from Kinosaki Onsen to Himeji. After that I will go from Himeji to Arima Onsen/ Kobe.

2) We will go to Mount rokko for night view

On 21 May 2012
1) we will go to Gin-no-yu/ Kin-no-yu, we would like to take the ropeway also if the pass pay off
2) after that we will go from Arima Onsen/ Kobe to Nagahoribashi

Do you think we should take 2 day pass?which pass will you recommend to me based on our route? Thank you
by flyflyfly821 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/4 09:37
Although I did not make the exact calculation, I believe that a 2-day pass will provide both savings and convenience. It seems that there is no basic version or Sanyo version for the 2-day pass, but there is a Hankyu version and several versions that combine the pass with overnight stays. The Hankyu version for 3100 yen would also cover your train ride from Kobe's Sannomiya Station to Umeda Station from where you can take the subway to Nagahoribashi (the subway is not covered):
http://www.shintetsu.co.jp/arima_rokko/2day/index.html

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/4 09:44
Uji, thank you.

By the way, with this Hankyu pass, how should I use it from Himeji/Sanyo Himeji to Arima Onsen?

Does this pass also covered the ropeway which departs from shin Kobe? I saw your recommendation in another post?

With this pass, I can just freely hop on any train, bus, cable car or ropeway? Is this so? Thank you
by flyflyfly821 rate this post as useful

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/4 09:49
By the way, with this Hankyu pass, how should I use it from Himeji/Sanyo Himeji to Arima Onsen?

Pay for a JR or Sanyo Railway train between Himeji and Kobe and then use the pass from there.

Does this pass also covered the ropeway which departs from shin Kobe?

No.

With this pass, I can just freely hop on any train, bus, cable car or ropeway?

Yes, on all the ones that are covered.

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/15 17:20
Hi Uji,

I think 1 day Sanyo pass is enough for me. By the way, how do I search train from Sanyo himeji to Kobe (Hyogo) in hyperdia? Any options I need to check?

If I were to board the train in Sanyo Himeji, can I buy the pass at the counter since I want to use it for my train from Sanyo himeji to Kobe (Hyogo)?

How do you write Sanyo 1 day pass in Japanese? Thank you.

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/15 18:27
By the way, how do I search train from Sanyo himeji to Kobe (Hyogo) in hyperdia?

Enter "Sanyohimeji" and "Sannomiya". Sannomiya is the main station in Kyoto. You might need to the disable "Japan Railways" option to get the slower non-JR connections. Kobe Station is not served by non-JR trains.

If I were to board the train in Sanyo Himeji, can I buy the pass at the counter since I want to use it for my train from Sanyo himeji to Kobe (Hyogo)?

Yes, the pass can be purchased at Sanyo Himeji Station.

How do you write Sanyo 1 day pass in Japanese?

—L”nE˜ZbŽü—V1dayƒpƒX@ŽR—z‘Sü”Å

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/15 18:34
Hi Uji,

Sorry I'm a bit confused now. Previously you told me I should take Sanyo train from Himeji to Kobe then start all my tour within arima and rokko from there. Is this the correct route you are referring to?

Is that correct that once I reached kobe, I an take any trains by any company and bus and roam freely in arima and rokko? Thank you

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/16 13:44
Hi can anyone help me on this? Thank you so much

Re: Rokko and Arima Pass 2012/5/18 16:07
Previously you told me I should take Sanyo train from Himeji to Kobe then start all my tour within arima and rokko from there. Is this the correct route you are referring to?

Yes, that is the correct route. In order to get from Himeji to Arima by non-JR trains, take Sanyo Railways from Sanyo-Himeji Station to Kosoku-Nagata Station, walk to nearby Nagata Station, take the Subway to Tanigaki Station and then the Kobe Railway via Arima-guchi Station to Arima Onsen Station.

If you want to see central Kobe before continuing to Arima Onsen, take Sanyo Railway into central Kobe, e.g. Sannomiya Station, before proceeding from there to Arima Onsen by Kobe Subway Line via Tanigami Station.

Is that correct that once I reached kobe, I an take any trains by any company and bus and roam freely in arima and rokko?

Only selected trains, buses and ropeways are covered, as outlined earlier. For example, direct buses between central Kobe and Arima Onsen are not covered.

The map on the following page shows a simplified version of the rail network:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3554.html

reply to this thread