Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Natadera Temple from Kanazawa 2012/5/3 11:18
Hello again! I am hoping to make a (regrettably short) side trip to Natadera while in Kanazawa.

I've seen two possible suggestions for getting there - one (here) to go via Kaga-Onsen and the other (on another site) to go via Komatsu (in both cases catching a bus to the temple from the respective JR station).

Which of these is easier/more practical for a single traveller with little Japanese (but pretty good organisational skills)? Mostly it's getting the buses right that concerns me - I don't want to get too badly lost :)

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
by UK Traveller (guest)  

Re: Natadera Temple from Kanazawa 2012/5/3 12:44
They are comparable. One main difference is that there are only 4-5 buses per day from Komatsu Station versus 1-2 buses per hour (so called CAN Buses) from Kaga Onsen Station.

Because the CAN Buses are targeted at tourists, I think generally the approach via Kaga Onsen Station would be slightly easier for a foreign tourist without much language skills.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Natadera Temple from Kanazawa 2012/5/3 12:55
Thank you, Uji-san. Kaga-Onsen it is.
by UK Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread