Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Koyo 2012 2012/5/10 13:04
I will be planning a 8 day trip to tokyo, Hakone and Kyoto and would really love to catch the changing of leaves. When is best to view Koyo? I have actually booked my trip 26 OCT to 03 NOV 2012 and am wondering whether i should change my flight itinerary. Thank you.
by Mabs (guest)  

Re: Koyo 2012 2012/5/10 13:52
It maybe just OK for Hakone, but the trip seems a little early for Kyoto, and certainly Tokyo
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_when.html
There is a lot of info on this forum about Koyo etc
Have fun!
by fmj rate this post as useful

... 2012/5/10 14:13
If you can, make it a month later and it will be significantly better.

As fmj mentioned, read that page plus the past koyo blogs on japan-guide to decide where and when to go.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Koyo 2012 2012/5/10 16:29
Thank you for your kind info.

What about the crowds during that period preferably second half of november?

Will it be peak season for tourist attractions?

Thank you
by Mabs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyo 2012 2012/5/10 16:37
What about the crowds during that period preferably second half of november?

Kyoto in particular gets very busy during this time, so if you plan to stay there then book well in advance. At most hotels prices increase too.

Alternatively, you can stay in Osaka and day trip (14-25 mins each way) into Kyoto, which is what we usually do.

Tokyo doesn't seem to get anywhere near as busy as Kyoto during Koyo.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Koyo 2012 2012/5/10 19:18
I can vouch for GC3's observation about Kyoto crowds: Kyoto is always a popular destination, especially at a weekend: : Arashiyama in Koyo on a Saturday was ridiculous.
Staying in Osaka is also what we do: it is wonderful for food at night, and the fun crowds around Dotombori.
I can recommend Rikugien in Tokyo,as well as Koishikawa Korakuen, and Happoen: all 3 gardens are stunning.
Have fun!

Re: Koyo 2012 2012/5/11 00:40
Hello, I also planned my trip for koyo 2012, I've booked my ticket 13-20Nov. 13-16 Kansai area, 17-18 Fuji, 19-20 Tokyo. I think my best chance to see koyo is at Fuji-san, am I correct?

And also could you tell me when the sky is getting dark in November? I'm from tropical country where the sky getting dark at 6PM, is Japan faster by any chance?

Thanks
by umpakati (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyo 2012 2012/5/11 08:00
could you tell me when the sky is getting dark in November

We found in Nov 2010 that it was dark by around 5pm.
There is a link for daylight hours but I cant find it.I think its in here somewhere..good luck!
http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/indexe.html

Re: Koyo 2012 2012/6/5 18:20
Dear Uji, I have re-scheduled my flight from 24 Nov - 02 Dec 2012. What do you think? And will I be able to catch the peak of Koyo 2012? I am quite worried about that.

And also Please advise me on hotel in Kyoto, I will be arriving in Kyoto from Hakone for 1 night. Prefereably something inexpensive. Thank you
by Mabs (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread