Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/2 20:52
This webstie says that this Temple will never close, but other websites say that it closes at 5 pm and others say that we don't know when the Opening times are. So what is Fushimi Inari's opening hours? I'm planning to go there until 7 pm and I want to take a photo with daylight. What are the times of sunsets in end of June? Thank you very much.

Regards,
josh
by josh (guest)  

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/4 08:23
The shrine halls and amulet vendors will close, but the torii gate covered walking trail in the back of the main shrine grounds is open around the clock.

Sunset is around 7pm.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/4 17:41
Thank you very much Uji that's what I needed. Have a nice day!
by josh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/5 00:52
Yes, the shrine grounds including the torii are open all the time.

The lower parts of the shrine and torii up to the lake are lit up in the evening (not sure until what time). If you want to climb all the way up the hill to see more torii you'd need to bring a torch in the evening.
by Jensij rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/5 01:19
Hello, I'm going to visit Japan in November. Still working on my itinerary but I have planned to visit Fushimi Inari as well.. So when is the sunset in November? When is the best time to visit the shrine? Is it in the morning, noon, or sunset? Thanks for the answer.
by umpakati (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/5 04:30
I like the shrine both at daytime and after dark. Not sure whether sunset is anything special. As mentioned above, if you want to see all the torii, you better go in daytime.

On the other hand, if you have little time in Kyoto it could make sense to visit the shrine when other places are still/already closed.

Also it is on the way to Nara, so you could drop by in the morning or evening if you wish.
by Jensij rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/5 08:24
Its a frickin scary place late at night when its dark...
by Inari-sama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/20 05:07
I was there 2 years before and we went down from the mountain around 8 or 9 o'clock. The lights were on, but a policeman or guard checked the place. But I don't know why. Maybe it is not allowed to be there late at night?
I very enjoyed the place, it was mysterious illuminated by the lamps. I will be in Kyoto this summer again and I would like to go up there again at night. Anyone knows when the lights are out?
by Sangsahwa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/20 06:54
It's not prohibited to visit the shrine and the hill at night. But it's not considered "NORMAL" to do it (except new year holiday week), as there is nothing for the local people to do and it's actually dark then.

It might get closed if some accident(fire, crime etc.) would happen there in the future.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/20 06:59
Anyway, the policeman will not capture you if you clearly look like a tourist.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/20 07:57
Maybe the policemen was just a security guard doing a patrol of the shrine grounds, which contain lots of cultural treasures.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/6/20 12:43
it is not just the darkness that would be a problem but the stairs. Most of the paths are actually stairs and when going down in the dark, especially in the back of the hill, one could easily trip, fall and break a leg or twist an ankle then have to wait for help until the morning.

At least there are no bears in the wood, are they? foxes may be?
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/7/12 22:09
I'll share my experience:
So I went out of JR Inari Station with my younger cousin and brother (13 and 10 years old while I'm 14). We went there all by ourselves because my mom, aunt, sister and another cousin went for shopping at Shijo Kawaramachi area. It was like 8 o'clock then and it was really dark.

We approached the front Torii and there was just a few people there, the long way to the thousands of Toriis was really creepy and dark. Luckily, I met a guy who led me all the way to the Walking trails since I was unfamiliar with the Shrine yet. I wasn't scared of course but my younger bro was super creeped out. We reached the walking trail and the guy left us, I was excited to go there but after taking 2 photos, which both of them are blurred, my bro pulled my hand and forced me to leave the Shrine, he was that freaked.

So, yeah I went back to my hotel and then went to the Shrine the next morning all by myself. But it was well worthed!
by joshhy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/7/13 02:34
Hi there,
I've actually went there late and did notice guards but they're just there to make sure everything's pristine. My recommendation is to go there after 5pm when everyone else is gone so you can explore it on your own. There will be very few people, pretty much only hikers. In addition, the humidity won't be much of a drag in the evening. As I at times travel on a whim, I didn't realize that Fushimi-Inari was actually a mountain. I ended up being there for around four hours as I climbed up most of the thing. I've posted this link on another thread but if you want pics and vids of Fushimi-Inari: http://themetropolitanlounge.blogspot.com/2012/07/shinkansen-experienc...
by rsxguy04 rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Opening Hours? 2012/8/24 22:22
If the hall of the shrine is closed at 5 pm, what time will it be opened in the morning?

Thanks.
by Kusuma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread