Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

staying Kamakura or Tokyo? 2012/6/8 22:14
Hello

I have 12 days from Tokyo area in August. before Tokyo city, I want to see Yokohama(especially Hakkeijima Sea Paradise and Minato Mirai 21 area), Kamakura (all of hiking trails) and maybe Kawasaki.

before Tokyo city, how much day do I need for these trips? what is recommended?

Where should I stay? Kamakura or Tokyo? (ps: I can't stay Yokohama)

I think, if I stay Tokyo, I can use Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass for Kamakura.

ps: end of vacation, plane's depture from Narita Airport.
by inferidii  

Re: staying Kamakura or Tokyo? 2012/6/9 10:58
Yokohama(especially Hakkeijima Sea Paradise and Minato Mirai 21 area)

Then I recommend two days for Yokohama. Maybe more depending on what else you want to see.

Kamakura (all of hiking trails)

I recommend at least one day if you want to walk all the hiking trails. Possibly more depending on how much of the city and its shrines and temples you wish to visit.

and maybe Kawasaki.

One day is probably enough for Kawasaki.

before Tokyo city, how much day do I need for these trips? what is recommended?

Four days would probably be enough. Possibly more, as outlined above.

Where should I stay? Kamakura or Tokyo? (ps: I can't stay Yokohama)

Why can't you stay in Yokohama? It would be my recommended place to stay because of its central location. Kamakura has only a very limited range of accommodation, so I guess I would recommend Tokyo otherwise.

I think, if I stay Tokyo, I can use Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass for Kamakura.

You would have to stay in Shinjuku for the small savings to pay off. And unless you also plan on visiting Enoshima, approach to Kamakura via Odakyu will be time-consuming. Personally, I think it would not be worth the effort. You could save more money by staying in Yokohama instead.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: staying Kamakura or Tokyo? 2012/6/9 11:44
Yokohama would be the most sensible place to stay if you want to divide your time between Kamakura, Yokohama and Tokyo, as it's in the middle.

I guess if you have to stay in Tokyo you could look at the Shinagawa area - that's fairly convenient for transport to Kamakura and Yokohama by JR trains.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: staying Kamakura or Tokyo? 2012/6/9 12:13
thank you so much. actually, I found very cute japanese style hostel in Kamakura and I wanted to stay there. but after read your messages, I changed my mind, and hostel reservation. for four full days, I will stay in Yokohama.
thanks a lot again.
by inferidii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread