Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Furano Biei Round Trip Ticket 2012/6/10 18:18
Hi, I will be flying straight into Asahikawa airport. Will it be possible to purchase the JR Furano Biei Round Trip Ticket at Asahikawa Airport instead of Sapporo Airport? Am thinking of just using the second ticket (Ticket B) to travel between Asahikawa, Furano and Biei, and use the same ticket to take train back to Sapporo. Will skip the first ticket (Ticket A) since i will not be arriving from Sapporo.

I am also looking at an alternative option of renting a car. However, there does not seem to be many options that allow pick up at Asahikawa and drop off within Furano/Biei Area. I tried going to jrhrental, however, it is all in Japanese. Google translation does not seem to help. Will anyone be able to help? Any suggestions on car rental that allows pickup at Asahikawa and dropoff within Furano/Biei will be helpful too.

Thanks.
by starlitze  

Re: Furano Biei Round Trip Ticket 2012/6/11 13:04
Will it be possible to purchase the JR Furano Biei Round Trip Ticket at Asahikawa Airport instead of Sapporo Airport?

No, there is no JR station or ticket counter at Asahikawa Airport. But I think you can buy it at Biei, Furano or Asahikawa Station

However, there does not seem to be many options that allow pick up at Asahikawa and drop off within Furano/Biei Area.

Toyota has outlets at both Asahikawa Airport and Furano Station (no drop off fee):
http://rent.toyota.co.jp/en/index.html

Alternatively, you could consider driving to Sapporo and dropping off the car there. The drop off fee might be smaller than train tickets for all the person in your group.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread