Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Shuttle Bus 2012/7/13 19:36
Hi all,

There are several reference on the site to the Tokyo Shuttle bus, which is a new service running every hour from Narita. But I cannot find any links to where you are able to book the bus. Can someone provide one?

"
By Tokyo Shuttle bus
Direct, 90 minutes, 800-2000 yen, 1 connection per hour
This new bus service operates roughly once per hour between Narita Airport and Tokyo Station. The one way fare is generally 2000 yen one way, although discounted fares are available in direction of the airport (but not in the opposite direction), if purchased at least one month (1000 yen) or one day (1500 yen) in advance of travel date. Through August 2012, a temporary discounted one way fare of 800 yen applies to all travelers in both directions.
"
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html

Thanks,
Pieter
by pieter (guest)  

Re: Tokyo Shuttle Bus 2012/7/14 07:40
On the Narita Airport side, they can simply be purchased at the bus ticket counter at the airport. Reservations are not possible.

For travel to the airport, I cannot currently find a foreigner-friendly way to reserve the tickets. But if the bus is not booked out, you can ride it without reservations and pay the fare on board.

For reservations there are various possibilities (the below details apply until September 8; afterwards, some of the details may change):

1) By phone: 047-432-1891

2) On the j-bus.co.jp website:
http://www.j-bus.co.jp/web/index.html

3) Via Rakuten Travel:
http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/bus/limousinebus/

4) at convenience stores (7 Eleven, Lawson, Family Mart, Circle K Sunkus)

5) through selected travel agencies
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shuttle Bus 2012/7/14 13:12
Hi Pieter

To book a Tokyo Shuttle advance ticket (only costs 800 yen until early September), some Japanese language skill is required.

For English-speaking people, still now there seems to be not a good place to book it easily in advance.  Basically, Tokyo Shuttle is a bus service for JetStar Japan (domestic flights) users, not for people who arrive at Narita from another country.

I have a Tokyo Shuttle advance ticket, and will get on a Tokyo Shuttle bus for Narita in the near future,
but I'm still anxious about whether I can find a Tokyo Shuttle bus stop located near the Yaesu north exit of Tokyo Station.
It is said that finding the bus stop is difficult even for native Japanese persons.
by dosanko100 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shuttle Bus 2012/8/5 11:36
Has anyone had luck with this, it doesn't sound very promising.
by ganstar rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shuttle Bus 2012/8/6 04:59
does this mean that tokyo shuttle bus can only be used by people who fly with Jetstar to Narita?
ah~ too bad. cause I'm planning to use this.
by jasss25 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shuttle Bus 2012/8/6 05:26
No, it doesn't mean that.

The bus operator just announced it took Jetstar Japan timetable into consideration when they designed the new bus service, because there are no other way to catch Jetstar's early morning flight from central Tokyo.

That's all.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shuttle Bus 2012/8/6 20:59
ow I see. thank you for the answer. :)

anyway, does anybody know where to buy this in Narita Airport? and where is the destination from Narita in Tokyo?
by jasss25 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread