Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13-day itinerary for Kyushu in Dec 2012/7/14 22:27
Dear All

I'm planning a 13-day trip in Kyushu in mid-Dec. Rough itinerary as follows: Fukuoka to Nagasaki (atom bomb museum) to Kumamoto (castle) to Mt Aso to Kirishima to Ibusuki (hotsprings and Kamikaze museum in Chiran) to Yakushima (hike in forest) to Kagoshima (Mt Sakurajima) to Miyazaki to Nobeoka (Takachiho) to Beppu (hot springs) to Fukuoka

1) Do you think this doable in 13 days and are there sights that should not be missed?

2) Where would you recommend hotel stops?

3) Should i do this on train or self-drive? How are driving conditions like in Dec?

Thank you so much,

Niwen
by Niwen (guest)  

Re: 13-day itinerary for Kyushu in Dec 2012/7/15 10:23
Do you think this doable in 13 days and are there sights that should not be missed?

If you travel at a fast pace, it can be done. Kumamoto Castle, the crater of Mount Aso and the hot springs of Ibusuki, Beppu and Kirishima should not be missed.

2) Where would you recommend hotel stops?

It will be best to overnight in virtually all the places that you visit along the way. It will mean changing hotels almost on a daily basis. So, you better plan your luggage management well.

Should i do this on train or self-drive? How are driving conditions like in Dec?

Most of it can be done by public transportation. But in some of the rural areas (Takachiho, Aso, Ibusuki) a rental car can safe a lot of time. I would consider a combination of public transportation and rental car.

In the higher elevations there is a chance to encounter winter conditions, especially towards late December. But snow is unlikely in the lower elevations.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread