Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR West Kansai Pass 2012/7/15 14:53
I will be traveling to Kansai area next year and my first destination will be Kyoto. I will be staying at Seta (Shiga) area and I'm thinking of buying the JR West Kansai Pass. I have checked the railway link and I will be using the Haruka express train to kyoto station before interchange to Seta station. Can I use the kansai pass all the way to my hotel at Seta?
by steventanz  

Re: JR West Kansai Pass 2012/7/15 16:21
No, Seta is not covered by the JR West Kansai Pass. Instead, I recommend to purchase the Icoca & Haruka package, which will get you to Seta and leave you with 1180 yen on your Icoca prepaid card to be used on other transportation in the Kansai Region:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_icoca_haruka.html

If you use the Icoca & Haruka package, it is best to quickly leave and re-enter the ticket gates at Kyoto Station. Leave the gates with the Haruka portion of your ticket and then re-enter with your Icoca prepaid card.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread