Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji trails 2012/7/15 19:35
Hello,

I am planning to hike Mt Fuji this year. I have read the guide on this site and while useful, but I would like to know if there are any characteristics about the various trails other than the length of the course and availability of the huts.

Speaking of which, is it necessary to book the hut in advance? In fact, is it necessary to stay in a hut at all or can I get away sleeping under the stars?

Thanks,

TN
by TooNice (guest)  

Re: Mt Fuji trails 2012/7/16 03:52
If you want to stay in a hut, it is wise to book, particularly if you hike on a weekend.

On the other hand, we stayed in a hut and found it too uncomfortable and noisy to find sleep, so if I was to climb Mt Fuji again, I would not stay overnight in a hut.

IMO, better to climb through the night, stopping in a hut or two for a rest without sleeping.

I don't think "sleeping under the stars" is practical on Mt Fuji.
by Jensij rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Fuji trails 2012/7/17 01:49
Thanks.

I am planning to climb from the Kawaguchiko side. Do you know if Kawaguchiko is worth spending time in (for sightseeing)?

For the descent, I am thinking of taking the Gotemba trail half way, then make a detour via Hoeizan. From there, I have the option to backtrack and carry on descending via the Gotemba or switch to the Fujinomiya trail.

First of all, is the route from the Gotemba trail to Hoeizan marked?

Second, if I do take a detour to Hoeizan, would it be better to return via Fujinomiya trail or backtrack to Gotemba trail?
by TooNice (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread