Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quick Thanks to the Forum 2012/7/15 23:04
Not a question this time! I just got back from my 3 week long first-ever- Japan trip last week, and wanted to drop a quick note of thanks on the forum to all who advised me with my various questions beforehand. I managed all the various side-trips and things I wanted to do, thanks in no small part to the information I got from here.

I had a wonderful time in all the places I visited, and because of the rock concerts I attended, I was lucky enough to meet some great folks in Tokyo who made my stay there extra-special.

Hope it won't be too long before I am asking for more help here in planning a new trip!
by UK Traveller (guest)  

... 2012/7/16 21:27
Thank you for your thank you!

Always nice to hear people report back after their trip.

Care to do a quick trip report or list any special highlights from your trip? Anything you would have done differently?
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Quick Thanks to the Forum 2012/7/19 10:51
Ah well, I didn't want to go without saying thanks where it's due - there's a lot of valuable information that you can't get from guidebooks and especially on some of the less-visited spots.

I can certainly try to brain a few highlights - I was blogging and picture blogging and have some notes still. Off the top of my head I can tell you that I loved Kanazawa and my side trip to Natadera from there was wonderful and completely stress free thanks to advice from here. Another couple of highlights were Okunoin in Koyasan and a couple of says I spent going to less visited places on local trains. For example, Yanai from Hiroshima was delightful, and I spent a lovely morning near Miurakaigan visiting a cemetery on my last day - perfect weather and beautiful views out across to Tokyo and Yokohama.

There were a couple of things I would have done differently with hindsight but they were mostly along the lines of extra things I could have done had I been a bit more daring with my planning at the start. But it was my first trip and I was a solo traveller so I tend to the more cautious side with time-planning. Next time I will be more spontaneous!
by UK Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread