Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Fuji logistics & looking for a partner 2012/7/17 21:16
I am in Osaka and heading to Kyoto tomorrow. What is the best city to leave my stuff in to climb Mt. Fuji.

Speaking of leaving my stuff. Where can I leave a very large backpack that would be too heavy to lug up the mountain?

I haven:t made any reservations for a hut. Should I? I brought my headlamp and have a VERY light set of hiking clothes. Would this be enough?

And finally, if anyone is interested in going very soon (I am flexible with dates this week) please PM me.
by jenas  

Re: Mt. Fuji logistics & looking for a partner 2012/7/18 11:29
I am in Osaka and heading to Kyoto tomorrow. What is the best city to leave my stuff in to climb Mt. Fuji.

The best city is the city that you will go to after climbing Fuji. How about forwarding it to your next hotel?

Speaking of leaving my stuff. Where can I leave a very large backpack that would be too heavy to lug up the mountain?

Is this separate from your other stuff? How big is your backpack? Would it fit in a regular or medium sized locker at the 5th station?

I haven:t made any reservations for a hut. Should I?

Only if you plan to stop for the night. Personally I would just time my climb so that I arrived at the top at sunset. I don't know how fast of a hike you are but that means starting to hike between 8-10PM.

I brought my headlamp and have a VERY light set of hiking clothes. Would this be enough?

Not for an overnight hike, as it can get well below freezing at the summit. At the minimium you should add a set of wind/waterproof gear (jacket and pants), but I would also supplement that with a light/medium insulating layer, hat and gloves.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread