Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Audio guides/tours for MP3 players? 2012/7/18 13:43
I see that some of the tourist attractions will rent you audio guides including equipment. Are audio guides or walking tours also available that can be downloaded into a personal music player?

Our family is heading to Japan soon and I thought that downloadable narrated tours would allow us to "revisit" the scene afterwards if we wanted to better recall what we saw.

Thanks.
by Funda  

Re: Audio guides/tours for MP3 players? 2012/7/18 14:32
Every audio guide that I've used that were provided by tourist sites in Japan had a proprietary player. You could probably record the output, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's a violation of the terms of use (especially for paid audio guides).

But there are several mp3 walking tours that you can download for use on your own player. Check out the Tokyo Realtime guides by White Rabbit Press. I did they're akihabara guide and found it to be very informative.

http://tokyorealtime.com/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Audio guides/tours for MP3 players? 2012/7/19 09:38
The Tokyo Realtime guides look promising and I will buy them online.

FWIW, I was not looking to violate any terms of service agreements but to purchase audio guides like these in advance of the trip.

Thanks.
by Funda rate this post as useful

Re: Audio guides/tours for MP3 players? 2012/7/19 09:50
No worries, actually I misread your question and thought you meant you wanted to record the audio guides to refer to later. Btw, if you find other audio guides (paid or free) please post them here so others may benefit.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Audio guides/tours for MP3 players? 2012/7/19 10:56
I found some for Kyoto that are based on the site/attraction they cover.

http://audio-guides.net/brarynavi/list.html

I suppose they can be cobbled together into a walking tour of sorts.
by Funda rate this post as useful

reply to this thread