Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fireworks display and matsuri 2012/7/19 07:05
Hello everyone,

I have a simple, yet difficult question :-)

Me, together with 4 friends will be visiting Japan between 2 and 23 August next month.

Now I have done a lot of research on Firework displays and matsuri's in Japan within that timeframe but there are alot of them hard to find if you can't read a single kanji or hiragana.

Could you please share your knowledge in here, for me, but also for alot of other people who could use this information to visit these festivities as well.

I am interested in learning about any matsuri/fireworks display on between tokyo - Kyushu since I can travel anywhere with the railpass anyway.

Japan-Guide also shares a few events, but there are alot more that are NOT covered on the website.

thanks in advance
by Marfjuhhh  

Re: Fireworks display and matsuri 2012/7/19 12:23
All about fireworks, calender, ranking, etc.
http://hanabi.walkerplus.com/calendar/
Use Google translate.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

websites on fireworks 2012/7/19 13:26
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Fireworks display and matsuri 2012/7/19 18:10
Thanks for the links, I will check them all out. Especially the first reply's link seems very interesting and extensive coverage of festivities being held in Japan.
by Marfjuhhh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fireworks display and matsuri 2012/7/19 22:07
There are so called three largest fireworks.

I do not the third one.
But other two are in my area of Kansai.

One is PL firework southern Osaka pref.
Another is northern tip of the Kyoto Pref, AMANO HASHIDATE.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread