Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Echigo Tsumari 2012/7/24 05:58
I am planning a visit to the triennel, Art Fields. How many days would you recommend to visit art and area. Will I need car? Recommendations for lodging
by lance stone (guest)  

Re: Echigo Tsumari 2012/7/24 12:26
We are also planning a visit to the Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennial. Tokamachi and Matsudai seem like the closest bases with more choices for accommodation in Tokamachi. But at this late date you may have difficulty finding any. We are going in Sept and when we looked into accommodation last month, a lot has been filled up already.

How many days to spend there depends how much you want to take in. There are nearly 100 artworks scattered in the region and to see them all may take several days. We are driving and plan on spending 2 (3 if necessary) days picking those that we would like to see. If not planning to do it on your own, there are some organized day tours that depart from either Tokamachi, Echigo-Yuzawa or Niigata. There is even one 2 days-1 night tour that departs from Shinjuku in Tokyo.

http://www.echigo-tsumari.jp/course/model_highlight_A

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Echigo Tsumari 2012/7/24 13:03
Searching for organized tours of Echigo Tsumari Triennal
by Lance (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Echigo Tsumari 2012/7/24 13:15
On the posted webpage in my last response, scroll down to the bottom half of the page and click on listed tours for a detail look.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread