Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica & Nex 2012/8/2 21:07
Hi,

For my next travel (which it takes 8 days long) I'm going to buy a 7-day JR Pass and, athe airport, purchase a Suica+ Nex oneway package.
My plan was to use JR Pass for Narita-Tokyo and Suica+NEX package to come back to the airport, but I've just read the advice The ticket can only be used from Narita Airport in the direction of Tokyo and is valid only on the day of purchase on page: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_suica_nex.html

So, I'm not allowed to buy a oneway package on August 22nd and book Narita Express only for the return from Tokyo on August 31st, right?

Thanks

Daniele
by geordie986  

Re: Suica & Nex 2012/8/3 10:34
So, I'm not allowed to buy a oneway package on August 22nd and book Narita Express only for the return from Tokyo on August 31st, right?

That is correct. The one-way Suica+NEX package CANNOT be used in the direction of the airport.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Suica & Nex 2012/8/3 10:36
If you want to save some money consider taking one of the Keisei trains to the airport. More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Suica & Nex 2012/8/3 20:53
Thanks for the hint, I think that will be easier for us purchasinhg the roundtrip package, paying the difference of 2000 JPY compared to the one-way item.

Unfortunately it's not possible use JR Pass for the last 7 day and buy the one way package for the trip Narita-Tokyo since we have already booked hotels.
by geordie986 rate this post as useful

Re: Suica & Nex 2012/8/3 21:03
Why not using the package on the 1st day and JR Pass from day 2 to day 8?

JR Pass is valid for Narita Exp from central Tokyo to Narita AP. Maybe you plan to make a long distance trip from day 1...

As yllwsmrf suggested, cheaper ways are also available.
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica & Nex 2012/8/3 21:10
Because, as written above, we have already book the hotels: we have planned moving to Osaka on the arrival day.

I have just to try planning transfert using Keisei trains, because our retun flight leave al 09:30 am, so should be appreciated save as much time as possibile, even spending a little more money :-)

Re: Suica & Nex 2012/8/3 21:10
One way NEX standard fare is 3140yen
Suica card is 2000yen(including 500yen deposite)

Total 5140yen

Nex & Suica round trip version is 5500yen.

just a note.
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica & Nex 2012/8/3 21:23
@K: I agree with your note, the roundtrip package it's a bargain, plus the real advantage of Narita Exp is that's not needed to change any train.

Re: Suica & Nex 2012/8/4 00:25
if money is really that much of a issue, catch the keisei main line from nippori to narita - it takes about 1hr 25 mins for only 1000yen.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread