Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spending time at Haneda Airport 2012/8/4 10:10
Our international flight out from Haneda is at 12:30am and our Shinagawa hotel has allowed us to check out at 6pm. We were going to take the Keikyu line to the airport.

Are there enough distractions (shopping, dining etc) at Haneda that we can head straight there after checking out or should we have the hotel hold our bags and spend a few hours in Shinagawa instead?

Thanks.
by Funda  

Re: Spending time at Haneda Airport 2012/8/4 15:57
The international terminal is generally rather small. Nevertheless, there is quite an interesting range of shops and restaurants open until at least 10pm:
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/premises/tenant/

Whether it is enough to "kill" four hours, I am not sure. I guess it depends on the person, e.g. speed of dining and shopping.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Spending time at Haneda Airport 2012/8/4 16:11
Shinagawa is probably even less interesting than Haneda Airport.
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spending time at Haneda Airport 2012/8/4 16:17
You could get the hotel to hold your bags while you go two stops north to Hamamatsucho & take a look at Zozoji and / or Tokyo Tower.

They aren't necessarily the top places I'd usually recommend a tourist but they are close enough that there is no need to be anxious at all about getting back to the hotel to pick up your bags - it's an easy taxi ride if need be.

MUCH better than spending time in Shinagawa or Haneda IMO. There is a good Indian restaurant in Shinagawa - Devi's corner.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spending time at Haneda Airport 2012/8/4 16:19
Sorry... that is not useful at all. I just noticed your times. Go & have dinner under the tracks at Yurakucho - check out earlier and spend a full day & just come back to get your bags.

4 hours at Haneda or Shinagawa is a bit of missed opportunity for other places.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spending time at Haneda Airport 2012/8/4 19:54
If budget allows, you can go to a restaurant at the top of hotel building and eat fine dinner while watching beautiful night view of Tokyo.

There are also restaurant floor(4th floor) at Shinagawa station building.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread