Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsurunoyu onsen - no deposit or proof? 2012/8/7 14:47
Hi

I recently booked accommodation at Tsurunoyu Onsen for three nights in December over the phone. Communication was a problem and I am not sure if the booking is reserved. The onsen only asked for my contact number in the booking process.

I would like to know if the reservation has been made even though no deposit is required? Have anyone had a similar experience with the onsen?

Hugo
by Hugo (guest)  

... 2012/8/7 15:20
The vast majority of accommodation in Japan (including hotels/business hotels) do not require a deposit or a credit card when you make a booking. They just trust you will do the honourable thing and show up if you book.

Obviously, hotels booked through some external booking sites (agoda/expedia) are an exception.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Tsurunoyu onsen - no deposit or proof? 2012/8/8 01:52
I've never had to give a deposit in the 100s of reservations of I've made in Japan :) Just be sure to cancel as soon as possible if you need to.

by Xar rate this post as useful

reply to this thread