Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spring Ski - Nagano or Yuzawa? 2012/9/2 22:33
Hi, between Nagano (Nozawa Onsen, Hakiba etc.) and Yuzawa (Kagura, Gala etc.) which one is better for spring ski in term of :

1) snow condition
2) accessibility from Tokyo
3) location of resort/hotel to ski ground
4) other attraction besides ski.

Tq..
by mrafidi (guest)  

Re: Spring Ski - Nagano or Yuzawa? 2012/9/3 10:57
1) snow condition

Depends on when exactly. Kagura, for example, has good snow even toward the end of the season (although they close their lower slopes)

2) accessibility from Tokyo

Yuzawa is a lot easier to access.

3) location of resort/hotel to ski ground

Nozawa and Hakuba have resorts/hotels directy connected to the ski grounds. Yuzawa is a very large place, with some resorts connected directly to ski grounds.

4) other attraction besides ski.

Nozawa and Yuzawa are onsen towns. But I don't think most of the areas you listed have much of an after ski scene (depending on what you are looking for of course).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Spring Ski - Nagano or Yuzawa? 2012/9/3 14:20
My plan is end April, toward GW. Is there sakura still available in Nagano or Yuzawa area?
by mrafidi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spring Ski - Nagano or Yuzawa? 2012/9/3 15:13
The snow is usually still pretty decent through the end of April, but not all resorts remain open. You'd better check them on them closer to the date to be sure. Kagura tends to stay open much later than other resorts (sometimes into May depending on the year), so that could always be a backup.

Is there sakura still available in Nagano or Yuzawa area?

I'm not sure Yuzawa has much in the way of sakura. Matsumoto in Nagano has some nice cherry blossoms, but they tend to be around mid April.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6055.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread