Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica card - can you withdraw cash? 2012/9/16 06:41
I understand you can return the SUICA card to get back your deposit and remaining yen... but can you withdraw money from it without returning the card (obviously deposit would be left on it)?
by Smithers  

Re: Suica card - can you withdraw cash? 2012/9/16 10:21
but can you withdraw money from it without returning the card

No.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card - can you withdraw cash? 2012/9/16 12:44
Read about how to use it here: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/suica.html
by lyn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card - can you withdraw cash? 2012/9/16 13:48
Uji, Thank you.

@lyn, I already read how to use it on multiple sites, but haven't seen anything about the possibility of taking out some of the balance without returning the actual card. I figured you wouldn't be able to, but wanted to confirm.
by Smithers rate this post as useful

... 2012/9/16 14:30
If you are just trying to get your balance down at the end of your trip we often just use it for the last purchase or two at convenience stores, or when using Suica-enabled vending machines.

Having said that, we tend to use convenience stores a fair bit for buying snacks and drinks including beers.

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card - can you withdraw cash? 2012/9/16 22:44
During my last trip, I spent the last yen of my balance at a convenient store. If your purchase is more than your balance, you can pay in cash for any amount the balance in the card does not cover.
by nww rate this post as useful

reply to this thread