Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Candeo Hotel Ueno-Koen Tokyo? 2012/10/10 10:58
Hi I've booked Candeo Hotel Ueno-Koen Tokyo for me and my husband in our 4 days stay in Tokyo. It's our first time in Japan, don't speak japanese and will be visiting most tourists attractions. Would this Hotel be in a good location? I'll have the JR Pass and looking in their website it's really close to train station. I can still cancel with no charge, Would anybody recommend another area or Uno, Taito should be fine?
Thanks in advance.
by Gracie Tosta (guest)  

Re: Candeo Hotel Ueno-Koen Tokyo? 2012/10/10 16:34
North eastern area of JR yamanote loop line is charactorised as inexpensive area. If you are not interested in entertainment and red-light districts, the area is ok.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Candeo Hotel Ueno-Koen Tokyo? 2012/10/10 16:41
Thanks for your kind reply. I'm actually interested in a Hotel of easy access to main attractions where I can use my JR pass to get to places. I started to get worrie because saw some reviews this Hotel was out of the way.
Will probably spend the day walking and exploring the city and the Hotel is just to rest.

by Gracie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Candeo Hotel Ueno-Koen Tokyo? 2012/10/10 17:18
There is at east-side of Uguisudani not Ueno.

If you are convinced and it's very cheap,
that's O.K. not so bad.
Maybe it's reasonable and has convenience of access.

BTW, the east-side of Uguisudani station is famous red-light district,
there are garish "love hotels" and many foreign prostitutes.
So townscape is very cheap.
You must not expect too much of there.

But the other side, there is nearby Ueno park and Yanaka within walking distance.
The west-side of Uguisudani is traditional and interesting place.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread