Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dewa Sanzan 2012/10/21 17:31
I'd like to walk from Yudono-san, Gassan to Hagurosan end of October. Mountain hut at the 8th station of Mt. Gassan is supposed to be closed. But can I do the walk? and how long does it takes? Thanks for any suggestions
by lulu1844  

Re: Dewa Sanzan 2012/10/21 18:56
It depends on the snow condition. I think there is a chance that the summit of Gassan is covered by snow by the end of October in which case it is impossible to do the hike for regular hikers.

Also, the distance between Gassan and Hagurosan is very large, and there is no bus in October. I think it is impossible to do in a single day by foot for a regular person.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Dewa Sanzan 2012/10/21 20:29
Thanks for your remarks, I thought something like that, so how can check on real time the wheather conditions on Mt. Gassan, I don't read japanese ...
by lulu1844 rate this post as useful

Re: Dewa Sanzan 2012/10/22 08:23
I am not aware of such a resource even in Japanese. I strongly recommend to change your plans unless you are able to get detailed hiking maps and an understanding of the weather in the area. Most of it won't be available in English.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Dewa Sanzan 2012/10/22 15:52
Wise advice, thanks for that.
by lulu1844 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread